The breakfast cereal thread

kyunkyua

Reaction score
Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Honey Nut Cheerios, and Reese's Puffs. THE Big Three...for me, at least.
Even as a kid, I couldn't stand the marshmallows in any cereal. Or pouring milk in it. I like my cereal to have some crunch, thank you very much.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The PPG actually had a cereal before that... and I can't for the life of me remember what it was exactly. All I know is that it was something different than that. I never bought it. All I remember is seeing the back of the box and saying to myself "Didn't they already have a cereal?"
If they did, we never got it. I never once saw ANY CN cereal (though I had seen the Scooby Doo cereals you speak of)... but then again, I swear, this town really is like a hundred years behind as opposed to being ahead, we never get anything new until years and years later... heck, we JUST NOW got Calypso Lemonade, and apparently, that stuff's been out everywhere else since 2006!

Hayley B

Reaction score
I wasn't around for Fruit Brute. But I was around for Fruity Mummy.

edit: I went on the read on Wikipedia. It said Fruit Brute got discontinued in 1983. So I guess I was around. I don't remember him though. It was always Count Chocula and Franken Berry doing battle with each other. Boo would be part of it too, but I think he would just clan with Chocula.

Drtooth

Reaction score
If they did, we never got it. I never once saw ANY CN cereal (though I had seen the Scooby Doo cereals you speak of)... but then again, I swear, this town really is like a hundred years behind as opposed to being ahead, we never get anything new until years and years later... heck, we JUST NOW got Calypso Lemonade, and apparently, that stuff's been out everywhere else since 2006!
It was extremely limited. I saw it on shelves, but it was there and gone within a month. I think only one place near me even carried it.

That said, I'm ALSO pretty annoyed I didn't get the Fairly Oddparents cereal the week that was out. Really was a shame too.

I did manage to find the Smurf Cereal that was out for a month around the movie... and it was just Fruity Pebbles with every color but blue and white picked out. But at least it had a 2 sided box with the original characters on one side.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've had Count Chocolate, didn't care for it too much... Boo Berry was okay, never tried Frankenberry though, and actually never heard of Fruit Brute.

Hayley B

Reaction score
I like Count Chocula,Franken-Berry, & Boo. I remembered not liking Fruity Mummy. Fruity Mummy probably went gone just like Fruit Brute.

I use to love to watch old commercials by the way. I've seen an old commercial of Fruit Brute. That's how I know about it and what he looked like.

--
The Smurfs had a cereal in the 80's that was good. I think it tasted like the Oops! All Crunch Berries now.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think it tasted like the Oops! All Crunch Berries now.
Now that I don't care for... it's a bit overkill if you ask me, it'd be like if you had Lucky Charms that was ALL marshmallow bits, ya gotta have a balance.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don;t see the difference between Oops All Berries and basically every other "fruit" flavored cereal out there. Probably tastes like Trix.

But I prefer regular Cap'n Crunch or Cap'n Crunch peanut Butter.

I got the Jay Ward retro-style boxes for all three of them. My only complaint is an anachronistic reference to the Soggies in one of the bio-cards.

Too bad I can't find Chocolate Crunch anywhere besides one place that charges a fortune for it. And I wish I bought more Quisp when Target had them in stock. it IS virtually the same as Cap'n, but the shape's different and I think it's far superior that way.

Hayley B

Reaction score
I use to buy Quisp online. Luckily there is a local supermarket named Redner's in Delaware that sells Quisp. But yeah, I thought it tasted the same as Cap'n Crunch.

Yuna Leonhart

Reaction score
I like eating cereals for breakfast, it's usually Kellogg's. Altough I don't mind eating other cereals. My preferences are the chocolate ones :smile:

But I haven't heard of any of those you guys mentioned, with the ecetion of Kellogg's. I've never seen any cereals with marshmallows or with cartoon characters on the package. except, one of the cereals I like to eat used to have Huey, Dewey and Louie on the package until they were replaced about ten years ago by three boys who just wear the same color scheme.

And now I'm hungry for cereals...