The Brand New Ask Jim Lewis Thread

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Wow we are at the top of this list on Henson people section that's cool. I also didn't realize we where already passed 400 posts wow!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Dear Jimothy,
As you'll be able to tell after the question I ask you now, you've become more of an all-knowing Muppet guidance counselor to me, rather than someone who also happens to work with the Muppets.

But anyway! If you were to have a female friend--most likely called your "girlfriend" and she wanted to watch a Muppet movie with you... which would you recommend first?

And actually, I have a REAL question for you! Can you reveal to us any sort of progress on the new Halloween special slated for this fall? Are you involved at all?

And... Would you ever sign a picture of a coffee cake? Just... hypothetically speaking.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Sounds like your trying to bring your girlfriend into your love for the Muppets Ryan. It may take some time, but I think the best way to start her out would be the Muppet Show. I started My wife on the Muppet movie and at first she thought it was borring :sympathy: Then I showed her the Muppet Show, and she fell in loved with it. Then we worked our way up the list of movies.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Sounds like your trying to bring your girlfriend into your love for the Muppets Ryan. It may take some time, but I think the best way to start her out would be the Muppet Show. I started My wife on the Muppet movie and at first she thought it was borring :sympathy: Then I showed her the Muppet Show, and she fell in loved with it. Then we worked our way up the list of movies.
I think that's what I was planning to do... show her some of the best TMS stuff then go on from there. Either that, or start with MTI. I haven't decided. :stick_out_tongue:

C'mon, people, let's ask some questions! :excited:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
To Jim:

Are there any particular characters who originated on Muppets Tonight that you were responsible for creating?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Here is a question for Jim,

When Kermit was on Extreme Home Makeover filling in for Ty, and when Kermit Fozzie Gonzo Piggy, and Animal where on the show where you there, and did you help build the the houses or just helped the Muppets out?

Also Ryan whenever you want to send some questions to Jim it's your turn. :smile:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
dwayne1115 said:
Also Ryan whenever you want to send some questions to Jim it's your turn. :smile:
Will do, Dwayne-o! I'll wait for a few more questions first.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Sounds good to me, if we don't get many more questions in a hew days we can always come up with some of our own. :rolleyes:

Beauregard

Reaction score
I have a comment (and maybe a question). Comment is that I read over at Toughpigs that at your suggestion Lewis Kazagggaggahgah was added to the Robin Hood comic, which I think is a truly excellent suggestion and will be appreciated by sports' fans everywhere! (And by none sports fans, nowhere...)

My question, though, is about Voice. (Which sounds like an entry from Muppet Wikipedia "Voice - first heard backstage in Episode..."...) But that's not what I mean at all. My question is about Dr Teeth. I have struggled to write him, many many times. Any ideas or suggestions for getting him right? (write?)

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Hiya Jim! It has been recently mentioned that both you and Segel have individual Muppet movie screenplays floating around at Disney. Is this correct? Is there any info you can share about this? If you were to make a Muppet movie (this or any other script) where would you most like it set? What would you most like seeing the Muppets doing in film? Thanks! :smile: