The Brand New Ask Jim Lewis Thread

Beauregard

Reaction score
I have a question, before you send!

Well, Mr Jim Lewis of St Louisiana (or...somewhere near there...or nowhere near but it sounds more interesting...) I wondered what movies you've seen in the cinema this year, or what movies you are looking forward to seeing this year? Sure, it's not exactly Muppet related, but it's interesting to see where you get your inspiration. (Plus makes it much easier for stalking...er...I mean, talking...obviously). For me, it's been the Wolverine Movie with the huge visuals.

On a similar note, do you have any thoughts about the upcoming Fraggle Rock movie? Again, not connected, but interested.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
ANSWERS FROM Jim Lewis -- May 25 2009

From minor_muppetz…
Back in 1992, the Muppets made weekly appearances on Good Morning America. Did you write any of those sketches?
Yes, I did. With Craig Shemin, under the eye-rolling “what-am-gonna-do-with-you-guys!u201D tutelage of Jerry Juhl. Some worked. Some didn’t. We didn’t stay long enough to find a groove.

From TogetherAgain…
Mr. Jim! Mr. Jim Lewis sir! Hello! TogetherAgain again here, realizing it has been forever and a semester since sent a question to you. ...Okay, so maybe just a semester, but if you add in winter break and the couple weeks I've had of summer already... alright, I digress. My point is, I have a QUESTION again! Actually, multiple questions. In your esteemed opinion, of ALL the Muppets, who is most likely to be trapped in a mineshaft and why? Also, how would he or she get out? (Or WOULD they? Dun dun dun!)
Mineshaft. For getting out. Crazy Harry. For conversation. Kermit. For laughs. Fozzie. For hunger. Chef. For someone who knew his way around, Mokey…oh wait, wrong Muppets.

Also, regarding the wonderful, marvelous, amazing, magnificent, incredible, fantastic, astounding, stunning, glorious Miss Piggy... Do you think her hairstyle has any effect on how you or anyone else writes her character? And is it possible to use too many complimentary adjectives when referring to her?
Piggy’s hairstyle. I am contractually forbidden from commenting on her hair, fashion or any other aspect of her which might in any way be considered a criticism. That said, I usually avert my eyes when writing so the hairstyle doesn’t affect the writing. Though sometimes I gotta wonder why she looks like that. Uh-oh. I’m toast.

From theprawncracker…
James! It's been far too long, my friend! Always good to have you as our question answering slave! I'm kidding, of course... you're more of a question answering serf.

Now! On to the question(s)! Are you a Mac or a PC?

On a completely different note, I recently recieved a signed photo of Gonzo the Great from the equally great Dave Goelz. He signed it "To Ryan, with cool regards from the center of your cosmos... The Great Gonzo & Dave Goelz." What does this have to do with you, you may ask? Well! IF you were to sign a piece of fan... signing stuff, what would you have it say? What character would you have on said signing thing? Would you even have a character? Or would it be a picture of you? What would you be doing in the picture? Why not just sign a picture of Steve Carrell and keep people guessing?

Thank you and good night!
I’ll go with the picture of Steve Carrell, especially if I am also able to cash his paychecks.
I don’t really do the fan picture autograph thing – not merely because there’s not a lot of demand for it (i.e. none whatsoever), but because I am lazy.

From Beauregard…
Well, Mr Jim Lewis of St Louisiana (or...somewhere near there...or nowhere near but it sounds more interesting...) I wondered what movies you've seen in the cinema this year, or what movies you are looking forward to seeing this year? Sure, it's not exactly Muppet related, but it's interesting to see where you get your inspiration. (Plus makes it much easier for stalking...er...I mean, talking...obviously). For me, it's been the Wolverine Movie with the huge visuals.
I really enjoyed the new “Star Trek”. I wasn’t a serious fan of the original TV series, but I came to love the characters through the movies – not the least of which was Kirk Thatcher as the Punk on the Bus in “Star Trek IV”. Brilliant! Sincerely, I love the interplay of that group; they are so well defined and endlessly enjoyable to watch. And I thought the new movie did a great job of capturing the chemistry. How does this relate to Muppets? Well, our characters have, at their best moments, a similar delicious chemistry. So I’m inspired to see a different ensemble pull off such a feat. Other movie I want to see? I’m a stuff-blows-up guy, so anything with major pyro is on my must-see list. So I’ve seen “Wolverine” (okay, not as wonderful as I wanted it to be, but this may be prejudice left over from the days when I was a DC Comics guy rather than a Marvel Comics guy)…..And I saw “Terminator: Salvation” because, as with Star Trek, it’s always intriguing to see how one keeps a story going and keeps it intriguing over so many movies.

On a similar note, do you have any thoughts about the upcoming Fraggle Rock movie? Again, not connected, but interested.
Exactly, I’m not connected with the movie (or the original series). Interested. Of course. But, as I’ve said in the past, when it comes to the Henson oeuvre, I’m more of a “a little song a little dance a little seltzer down your pants” guy than a fantasy world type. Yet another of my many character flaws.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Wow we really get to know a little bit more about Jim in these set of questions.

unclematt

Reaction score
This may be the best thread in the Muppet Central Forums. It is so nice to have a Muppet Professional give so much of thier time to the fans on such a consistant basis.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well I don't know if I would go that far but thanks! This thread is really here for you the fans to get to know someone who works with the Muppets, and really cares about his fans, and the fans of the Muppets.

unclematt

Reaction score
Well I don't know if I would go that far but thanks! This thread is really here for you the fans to get to know someone who works with the Muppets, and really cares about his fans, and the fans of the Muppets.
It is really great that Jim gives so much of his times to the Muppet fans. From answering questions from us on the forums to giving up time to be on the Muppetcast with Mr. Swanson. He just seems to be a very giving man.:smile:

wemblingalong

Reaction score
Hi Jim!

I am an elementary computer lab teacher and outside my classroom I have the "think different" poster of Jim and Kermit. Inside my lab I have a Kermit poster to spread Muppet awareness. Some of the kids ask who BOTH Kermit and Jim are and that concerns me!

With all the competition of CGI 3-D movies, computers, and various other forms of entertainment. What sort of things are being done to appeal to the next generation of possible Muppet fans?