The Brand New Ask Jim Lewis Thread

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Nah, it's just been too long. (That, and something happened today that I won't elaborate on. It's a girl thing.)
well if ya need to talk to someone I'm here for ya, and i Agree that it has been to long.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
well if ya need to talk to someone I'm here for ya, and i Agree that it has been to long.
Indeed! The questions have been re-sent with an attached "hope you're well" message to Jim. Hopefully we'll hear something soon. :big_grin:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I also want to point out that the 2 year birthday of the ask Jim threads is comming in Febuarey. Be sure to listen to the next Muppet cast for some deatils.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Here are the answers! Jim was very happy to have more questions--so keep askin' 'em! :big_grin:

Questions for Jim Lewis 7/16/08

Response from Super Scooter
By the way, Jim,

‘I'll give you 350 for the whole frog!’

I LOVE Muppet Classic Theater. I especially love Jerry Nelson's wolf character. Oh, and Brian Henson's performance of Eugene in ‘Gotta Get that Name’ (the little guy that shakes his head around like crazy). The movie was brilliant, I think, and it's a shame that it seems to get forgotten. It does deserve its own DVD release.

‘Take that, Mr. Ralph Lauren!’”

JIM RESPONDS: “THANKS! MAYBE SOMEDAY THEY’LL RELEASE IT ON DVD….OR AT LEAST RALPH LAUREN WILL SEND ME SOME FREE CLOTHES FOR THE PLUG.”

From ColbynFriends...
Thanks for answering my questions again Jim. I have another.
Would you ever consider writing another book similar to Before You Leap, but from the perspective of Fozzie or Piggy?”

JIM REPONDS: WOULD I? I WOULD. AND IN THE CASE OF MISS PIGGY, I HAVE. COMING IN SPRING IS “THE DIVA CODE,” WHICH CHRONICLES PIGGY’S VIEWS TOWARDS MEN, FROGS, FAME, SHOPPING, CHOCOLATE AND….WELL, THAT ABOUT COVERS IT, DOESN’T IT? IT’S DIFFERENT IN FORM FROM “BEFORE YOU LEAP” (MORE QUOTES AND QUIPS THAN LONGER PIECES), BUT I HOPE YOU LIKE IT. REALLY. AND PIGGY, WELL, SHE’S DENYING I EXIST…….SPEAKING OF PLUGS, THIS FALL, PEPE IS COMING OUT WITH A NEW BOOK “IT’S HARD OUT HERE FOR A SHRIMP,” WHICH COVERS HIS TAKE ON LIFE, LOVE AND LIVIN’ LA VIDA PEPE. I WORKED WITH SOME GUY NAMED BILL ON THAT. BUT AGAIN, PEPE SAYS IT’S ALL HIM. (CHECK AMAZON OR BARNES & NOBLE OR WHEREVER FOR RELEASE DETAILS).

From theprawncracker
“Jim Lewis! Jim Lewis? Fifteen seconds to a new question, Mr. Lewis! Jim, what's your opinion on Scooter? It seems that, since ‘The Muppet Show,’ Scooter has evolved into more than just the go-fer--he's become a core part of the group. A prime example of this is in ‘The Muppets at Walt Disney World’ where he played the straight man to Bean Bunny's cuteness. Do you have any future plans for Scooter (albeit as a go-fer or otherwise)? It would be great to see the kid make a comeback.”

JIM RESPONDS: MORE SCOOTER. DEFINITELY. NOT ONLY IS HE A GREAT GO-FER, A WONDERFUL WAY TO BE EXPOSITORY ABOUT WHAT’S HAPPENING OR SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN NEXT, BUT THERE’S THAT WONDERFUL CALMNESS ABOUT HIM, MIXED WITH A DEGREE OF “MY OWN AGENDA” THAT GIVES HIM TANG AND VERVE. PLUS, HE WAS BORN BY THE INIMITABLE, UNFORGETABLE RICHARD HUNT, BLESS HIM. I’D SAY THERE’LL BE MORE OF SCOOTER. I’LL DO MY PART, AND YOU KEEP CHANTING HIS NAME AND WE’LL SEE WHAT HAPPENS.

From AnimatedC9000
“I would like to see more of the go-fer as well, Jim. My question, however, concerns the go-fer's twin sister. If it were up to you, would you make Skeeter an official part of the Muppet family?”

JIM RESPONDS: NO. WHY? NOT REALLY SURE, TO BE HONEST. IT COULD WORK, BUT I STILL SEE HER AS A MUPPET BABY, A BALANCE FOR SCOOTER (HIS BOOKISHNESS TO HER TOM BOY-ISHNESS). I GUESS IF SHE COULD BE DEVELOPED INTO SOMETHING MORE, A FORCE IN HER OWN RIGHT AS AN ADULT, IT MIGHT WORK. BUT I’M NOT CONVINCED. PLUS, I’M LAZY, WHICH IS WHY I’M GOING TO STOP THINKING ON THIS TOO MUCH BEFORE MY HEAD STARTS TO HURT.

From BobthePizzaBoy
“When the plans to do an episode of The Animal Show on bald eagles came up, how did the idea of using Sam come about? And were there ever any other plans to have other classic Muppets crossover onto The Animal Show?”

JIM RESPONDS: HOW COULD WE NOT USE SAM. HE’S THE EPITOME OF BALD EAGLE-NESS. I HONESTLY CAN’T REMEMBER HOW WE PULLED IT OFF, SINCE I KNOW FRANK WAS NOT INVOLVED IN THE SHOW AND, AT THE TIME, ERIC WAS NOT PERFORMING SAM OR ANY OF FRANK’S CHARACTERS. AS TO CONSIDERING OTHER CHARACTERS: WE WANTED THE SHOW TO STAND ON ITS OWN, AS A MUPPET PRODUCTION, BUT NOT A CLASSIC MUPPET-FILLED PRODUCTION, SO I THINK WE SHIED AWAY FROM HAVING KERMIT TALK FOR FROGS OR FOZZIE FOR BEARS OR GONZO FOR…WHATEVERS. SAM WAS SO OUT OF LEFT-FIELD, IT JUST WORKED.

From Beauregard
“Henson and Muppet people have always been famed for their practical jokes played on one another. Have you played any or had any played on you?
Also, who's your tailor I LOVE that outfit!”

JIM RESPONDS: FIRST, ON THE TAILOR. I GET ALL MY STUFF AT LINCOLN ROAD IN NEWARK, NEW JERSEY. ASK FOR MORTY…..SECOND, AS TO PRACTICAL JOKES: THIS IS A PECULIAR MOSTLY-PERFORMER PHENOMENA. I HAVE ACIDUOUSLY AVOIDED SUCH ENDEAVORS EITHER AS THE JOKER OR THE JOKEE, BUT I AM ALWAYS ON THE LOOKOUT FOR BEING THE TARGET OF SUCH MIRTHFUL MALICE…..WHY, HAVE YOU HEARD SOMETHING? TELL ME, SO I CAN GET PARANOID.

From Super Scooter
“Do you have any hand in writing for the MDA Telethon when the Muppets are on it? I figure there's probably quite a bit of ad-libbing on something like that (especially when Pepe and Rizzo co-hosted last year), but I would assume there's a lot that gets scripted, too. I ask this because I have Rizzo and Pepe's ‘Wake Up, Little Pledgers’ song stuck in my head!”

JIM RESPONDS: THAT’S ALL THE GUYS. STEVE AND BILL IN THIS CASE. IT’S A GREAT CAUSE AND A WONDERFUL OPPORTUNITY TO PLAY FREELY ON TV, SOMETHING YOU DON’T GET TO DO TOO OFTEN. I HAVE, IN THE PAST, WRITTEN LINES, IDEAS FOR BITS, ETC., BUT BY AND LARGE, IT’S ALL THE SUPERB INVENTIVE CREATIVITY OF THE PERFORMERS. OH SURE, I THINK THEY’RE GREAT, BUT….WORKING WITHOUT A SCRIPT; WHERE I COME FROM, THAT’S JUST WRONG.

From theprawncracker
“Hi, Ryan, theprawncracker here, impersonating The Great Gonzo, with an urgent question for Mr. Jim Lewis! Jim, hi! Today on YouTube.com three new Muppet accounts have been added for Gonzo, The Swedish Chef, and Beaker! I must say, they're great! Especially the one with chickens! Ha ha! But seriously Jim, so you have a hand in these? They're perfect! Can you spill many details on these? They're absolutely AWESOME! Poultry in motion! Ha ha ha! Can we expect accounts for more Muppets? More videos on the already existing accounts? More of Gonzo in his classic purple suit? More CAMILLA? She's the hottest chick on the web! Woo-hoo! Thanks for your time Jim! See ya!”

JIM RESPONDS: I CAN SPILL NOTHING. EXCEPT MY SON’S BREAKFAST, WHICH HE IS CALLING FOR EVEN AS WE SPEAK. THANK HEAVENS FOR MICROWAVES…..BUT I DIGRESS. I CAN’T SAY MUCH MORE THAN: I, LIKE YOU, HOPE THERE ARE MORE.

From AnimatedC9000
“You know, Jim, we all like the fact that the Muppets are getting YouTube accounts. I was wondering if any of the Electric Mayhem members are planning on creating an account in the future, or if they wanted to create a joint account on YouTube. Actually, are any of the other Muppets planning on getting a YouTube account in the future?”

JIM RESPONDS: IN ANSWER TO THIS, I CAN ONLY SAY “RE-READ MY PREVIOUS ANSWER” AND SEE IF IT MAKES ANY SENSE TO YOU THE SECOND TIME AROUND.

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score
Oh, I get it. We must not know anything than what is already known.

Okay, this I wanted to know for a while now: Jim, what is it like getting questions from all of these fans and answering them?

Also, do you have an "inner Muppet/s" (a Muppet or Muppets that you feel that you're most like)?

theprawncracker

Reaction score
First of all... Thanks again Jim for answering! You ROCK, sir!

A few questions for you... How difficult is it for female Muppets to even be hammered out into full-fledged characters? A new one hasn't really been created since Muppets Tonight's Spamela Hamderson--and she WAS full-fledged... just in other places. :halo: Has this topic ever been brought up before? Or would new female characters just step on Miss Piggy's monopoly?

Also, if you were playing Elevator Bingo... which floor would you choose?