The Brand New Ask Jim Lewis Thread

Duke Remington

Reaction score
According to Muppet Wiki Craig Shemin wrote the cooking show, but I do recall asking Jim about the one that had patrol bear, and he said that Fozzie's costume was the original from the Muppet Show skits.
Here is the article for that:
http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Cooking_with_Cat_Cora

I was also looking at the last interview we did with Jim, for the Muppet Mindset, and I think if you read that and some of our other interviews and Q's and A's the answer may be there. Still it will be interesting what he has to say about your question.
Now that you mentioned that Craig Shemin wrote Muppets Kitchen, Piggy was Flanderized in that one too--in one episode, she was depicted as the one-dimensional "What did you say? HI-YA!" version of herself that we Muppet fans loathe and despise. Unless that bit wasn't his fault.

Regardless, I hope Lewis won't have any ill-will against me. I always thought he was still writing a lot of the stuff, not knowing who else has been writing for them lately.

It would be nice to know who the heck has been writing the Muppets' material in their recent guest appearances so I can direct my disgust at the correct sources.

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
Here is my question to Jim Lewis, if he's still taking questions:

Hey, Jim!! It's an honor to type this message to one of the great Muppet writers in the entire universe. But, I have two questions: 1. How many Muppet movies, TV specials, videos, or basically anything have you wrote? ( Please include the things that you have wrote.) I am too lazy to look this up on Muppet Wiki, so cut me some slack! Now, 2. Have you ever written with Jerry Juhl? I know you probably have, and once again, I am too lazy to look this up again. So, I'm doing this old-fashioned style!!!! I'm sorry if these questions have already been asked, so I do apologize if they have.