The Barbarian and the Troll (Nickelodeon)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I am in cautious anticipation regarding this. At the moment, it already feels like an old 90s puppet show from Nick Jr., but I don't believe this is Nick Jr. is it?

mbmfrog

Reaction score
I am intrigued by this show and I am wanting to see how it turns out.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
I'm very excited to see this show. Honestly with some of the stuff on Nickelodeon's entertainment lineup now to they need a puppet show

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Just wanna remind everyone, the show premieres tonight at 7:30. I'd like to hear your thoughts on it after it airs.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Judging from the first episode, the series looks really fun. There were lots of good one liners. I like that the show has musical numbers thanks to Evan. Evan is kinda like a family-friendly version of Goofer from Happytime Murders, which I like. I had fun voice-chasing the puppeteers, Allan Trautman, Peggy Etra, Colleen Smith, and Drew Massey.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As I said in another thread, seeing the promos for this show really stings me a little, because I've been wanting to bring more puppet series back to broadcast TV since at least 2007, but not only do I lack the resources, no opportunities have ever presented themselves - not to mention the turn my life has taken in recent years basically putting any of my dreams and ambitions on an indefinite pause. This clearly proves that there's still a market for puppet TV shows that aren't necessarily little kiddie shows, and I will agree the show does look really good, but I'm also, again, turned off by the excessive use of digital trickery for visual effects and such.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
I just watched the first episode and so far I'm absolutely loving this show

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I'm also, again, turned off by the excessive use of digital trickery for visual effects and such.
You're just gonna have to get used to the fact that in the 2020's, computers are gonna be used to make things that would be impossible to accomplish practically easier. Just be thankful that the characters are puppets and not CGI.