The Baker Falling Down the Stairs Series

mikealan

Reaction score
1-One Wedding Cake
2-Two Chocolate Pies (Seen on #1, #406, #796, and #926)
3-Three Birthday Cakes (Seen on #1)
4-Four Root Beer Floats
5-Five Fancy Fruitcakes
6-Six Strawberry Shortcakes (Seen on #43 and #1095)
7-Seven Pumpkin Pies (Seen on #43)
8-Eight Raspberry Pudding Cakes (Seen on #2226 (original version))
9-Nine Coconut Custard Pies (Seen on #2477 (i think))
10-Ten Chocolate Layer Cakes (Seen on #54 and #83)

I just thought the baker series end in Season 19 until they showed #10 on the SS 35th anniversary special The Street We Live On!

ssetta

Reaction score
I know! I couldn't BELIEVE it when I saw that! In fact, I almost fell down on the floor!

mikebennidict

Reaction score
you know i've been wondering lately who were many of the people in those films? i recall watching a special on PBS many years ago about Jim Henson and his works and their was mention that he was in the 3 film jugging 3 balls witch was the opening to the film and his children were in them. at least the kids who was at the restaurant and was served with 3 peas. don't know about others of course many of the adults and kids did more than 1 segment. i wonder who the photographer was? was he with the N.Y. Times or another well known person? also there were some segments of the films were mostly the kids didn't pronouce things right. 1 of them was that colledge professor with the 6 squares. sounded like he said 6 squells, something like that. the girl who says 6 flying things, you hardly hear her say 6. in the 7 straws one, the kid sounds like he's saying 70. last odd part with the 7 ducks, you can hardly see the girls face. now i'm not trying to bash anyone who were in those films years ago, but especially with the pronounciation of words, why didn't take notice of it and correct it right away? it's important for the youngsters know how to pronounce stuff as well.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Kids...pronounce.... what the shell are you talking about? Obviously the "professor" has a thick "stuck up smart guy" accent. Besides, these old films are hard to hear because they are... well... old.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Hmmm. I remember seeing the baker series when I was a kid which was in the 80s. I really don't remember one about 'one' though. Come to think of it, when I watched the show, I don't think they ever had 'one' as the number of the day. I could be wrong though.

Censored

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
I don't think they ever had 'one' as the number of the day. I could be wrong though.
One is the loneliest number.

Stupendous Man

Reaction score
Mikealan,

Was that all that was shown on #1? I thought there were always five different things shown on each segment, plus the baker carrying the desserts.

Stupendous Man

Reaction score
mikealan said:
Speaking of 1,

It had one bird (Little Bird), one button, one cow and one wedding cake. Was that shown on NOGGIN?
Is that all that was shown on 1? I thought there were always five different things shown on each segment, plus the baker carrying the desserts.

roadrat15

Reaction score
Off on a slight tangent here, but . . .does anyone remember an animated counting skit where Cookie was number 17?

rjschex

Reaction score
roadrat15 said:
Off on a slight tangent here, but . . .does anyone remember an animated counting skit where Cookie was number 17?
Absolutely! I have that one on tape. It's (unofficially) called "Cast of Charactors" (sic)

1: deflated
2: yanked into ground
3: falls backwards into water
4: slides when ground is tilted
5: popped with pin
6: grabbed away with hook
7: shatters
8: carried away by eagle
9: overinflated until it bursts
10: bowled over
11: banged together and shattered
12: pushed away by bulldozer
13: closed up in backhoe
14: pounded by mallet
15: squooshed by foot
16: crushed by falling tree
17: devoured by Cookie Monster (in his voice!)
18: under a falling safe
19: dynamited
20: shatters after feather falls upon it

At the end, the announcer says, "Today's cast, in the order of appearance, were the numbers 1, 2, 3...19, and 20." The numbers appear in a slow credits crawl; note that at the top, "characters" is misspelled!