The ask Jim Lewis thread is now open

dwayne1115

Reaction score
yea i know and it was done by the fans thats the really cool part!!!!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
hey guys lets get a few more qustions so i can send them to Jim.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Ok well i have one Qustion to ask Jim and then illl send the ones we have off to Jim. When people see he is really answering qusitons then i think it will spark more of an interest. here is my qustion.

On Muppets Tonight there where some New Muppets,. Did you help in the creation of them, and if so how did you find what would work and would not work?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
What advice would Jim give for people interested in a career in writing for Television?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
What advice would Jim give for people interested in a career in writing for Television?
I think Jim actually answered that once in the Ask Henson.com section of www.henson.com. I could be wrong, and it could have been a different writer, but I beleive that his advice was "just do it!".

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Ah, that's interesting! Well, there's nothing wrong with asking again if it was. People are often asked similar questions in different interviews, it doesn't mean they give the exact same word for word answer every time. And this thread was asking for questions. :smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Ah, that's interesting! Well, there's nothing wrong with asking again if it was. People are often asked similar questions in different interviews, it doesn't mean they give the exact same word for word answer every time. And this thread was asking for questions. :smile:
I agree. I figured that maybe Jim Lewis' advice might be different (maybe not completely different, but maybe expanded. He could have learned a lot more about writing since then). And as I said earlier, I could have been wrong about the writer who gave that advice, though I know that Jim Lewis did respond to quite a few of the questions from Ask Henson.com.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
(I don't want to "hog" this thread, but here are some questions that might interest more than me. Maybe you could pick one, or pick one each time for the next few series of questions?)

1. What creative muppet mind or minds are behind the posed muppet art pieces--things like the Plump Fiction or Kermit Cline pictures? Who brings these poseable figures to such glorious photographic life, and how do they get the credit/kudos that are their due?

2. Where do the muppet music ideas originate? Who, for example, says "We need another Kermit Un-pigged album" (besides us fans)? And how does that process work to produce a finished product that we can buy?

3. What can we fans do to facilitate the creative/availability of more muppet stuff? Are letters better than emails? Do they look how fast things sell, or how steadily? Does anyone want our input on what we'd buy--including pre-ordering stuff?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
i really like that last qustion, and i think i would have evetualy asked somthing along thouse lines. I really beleve that we fans can make a diffrerence but i dont know exacly how.