The Art Of The Muppets Exhibit

SweetumsMonster

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I was wandering if anyone out there had actually visited this exhibit when it was touring, if anyone has any photos, or any merchandise, I have only seen a few postcards, the book, and have just recently bought the poster from ebay, I love it!!

I would love to see any pics from the exhibit or merchandise, if anyone can post pics.

Thanks

Chris

Tim

Reaction score
I worked the exhibit when in was in L.A. I bought the large poster, the book (mostly 'cause it has a good pic of me working Muppet Movie-lol!) and a set of PVC figures. Got a couple of snaps from the outside (no cameras allowed in) and at least one news paper article.

I MAY (not sure) still have an extra copy or two of the smaller green poster and some original comp tickets for sale or trade. PM me if you are interested and I'll take a look.

mrsieve

Reaction score
I remember going to the exhibit when it was in Toronto way back in 1982, still have my ticket, book from it.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
I went to the exhibit both in San Diego and then again in L.A., but as Tim already pointed out, no cameras were allowed inside. I have the book and my memories and that's it.

:stick_out_tongue:

SweetumsMonster

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys.

I also of course have the book, it's a great book, and as I said I have just bought the poster, its advertising the exhibit at Florida, it also came with 5 tickets too. Shame no photography was allowed, but understandable!

Thanks again guys

Chris

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
I have a video tour of the Exhibit on DVD!

Willing to trade.

sesameguy

Reaction score
I visited the exhibit way back in the day. It was a great time. I had never heard of “Sam and Friends” or “Emmet Otter” until I saw that exhibit. It really gave me a good idea of the history of the muppets. I finally got to see them “in person!” I’m hoping that the upcoming "Jim Henson's Fantastic World" exhibit will feature many of the same characters. You can read about that exhibit here:

http://www.sites.si.edu/exhibitions/exhibits/henson/main.htm

I DO have a picture from the Art of the Muppets exhibit - but again, it’s not from inside the exhibit. There was a very large fabric Kermit that was put up just outside the exhibit space, and there’s a photo of my family and I standing next to it. It’s something. I didn’t know there was a book. I will have to keep an eye out for that!

Warrick - I sent you an e-mail about a possible trade! :smile:

SweetumsMonster

Reaction score
Tim

As I have a new user name I am unable to message you, but I am interested in the item you have please email me at COcon14675@aol.com I am unsure if I still have your email address?

Chris

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
sesameguy said:
I visited the exhibit way back in the day. It was a great time. I had never heard of “Sam and Friends” or “Emmet Otter” until I saw that exhibit. It really gave me a good idea of the history of the muppets. I finally got to see them “in person!” I’m hoping that the upcoming "Jim Henson's Fantastic World" exhibit will feature many of the same characters. You can read about that exhibit here:

http://www.sites.si.edu/exhibitions/exhibits/henson/main.htm
Yikes! It's booked through 2009 and the closest it's getting to me is Arizona!

:stick_out_tongue:

sesameguy

Reaction score
Was Once Ernie said:
Yikes! It's booked through 2009 and the closest it's getting to me is Arizona!
I'm in the same boat. I'm hoping that some muppet fans in Arizona will post here & let us know all about the exhibit. If it sounds really good, I might make the trek, but otherwise we may just have to hope and pray that it comes to our area.

====================================================

http://heroshaven.blogspot.com/