The Art of The Muppets 1980 Poster

dave83

Reaction score
hello i just bought this 1980 the art of the muppet poster for 7 dollars and i was wondering how much it is worth. so if any one can help me out that would be great . its not very easy to track down .:insatiable:

dave83

Reaction score
Can you describe it?
i know the the art of the muppets was a book that came out in 1980 for 25 years of mupets and this is the promotional poster for the tour they did. 1980 is the year the tour went to the museum of science and industry in cicago ill from july 19 to september 1 . i found this info on muppet wiki. so if u want to check it out it does show a picture of the poster i have with kermit sitting on the shelf and with cookie monster down on the right corner. thank you

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I imagine it's something like this one, but details are needed to know if it's a reprint or an original. Condition is also a factor.

dave83

Reaction score
I imagine it's something like this one, but details are needed to know if it's a reprint or an original. Condition is also a factor.
that is the same one i have . how would u tell if it was a reprint ? sence its so hard to even find them to compare it with

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
dave83,

If it's in good shape, then $7 is a steal. Typically, these posters promoted the exhibit dates and location at the bottom under the image.

This is one of my favorite posters. It's framed in our office. Something about Kermit and Yorick together that makes it so right.

dave83

Reaction score
dave83,

If it's in good shape, then $7 is a steal. Typically, these posters promoted the exhibit dates and location at the bottom under the image.

This is one of my favorite posters. It's framed in our office. Something about Kermit and Yorick together that makes it so right.
so did these come from the museum ?

dave83

Reaction score
so any idea what it is worth ? and was these only at the museum ?

dave83

Reaction score
it is in great shape .in a glass frame with a paper covering the back of the frame