The animator of the first episodes....

wiley207

Reaction score
Undoubtedly... though, honestly, they moved forward with the Ninja Turtles much faster. With Ninja Turtles, mind you, they had about 5 episodes... and the Turtles look like they stylistically evolved in those very 5 episodes. And they did borrow a lot of stylization from their shows with TMNT... I saw vague elements of Kinnikuman and Dragon Ball in those episodes... especially the turtles' teeth.
As for the Turtles, I know in the second season, A-1 Productions did the animation, but in subsequent seasons I am not entirely sure who did the rest of the animation. I know Wang Film Productions did some TMNT animation in the early 1990s, and I think Akom may have been involved at one point.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah... a lot of other animation companies did TMNT... sometimes you'd have multiple different styles of animation in one episode. I think Cowabunga Shredhead (there's also another example, but I can't remember it) has regular action animation... but in a couple small sequences, the turtles have a very fluid, almost squash and stretch type animation on their facial movements.