The Amazing World of Gumball Thread

Which character is your favorite?

• Total voters

Drtooth

Reaction score
While I don't buy this just yet for a second, there may be an upcoming episode that takes to task the Chinese bootleg "Miracle Star."

Supposedly Ben Boquet mentioned off hand this is in production, but I can't verify it.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Rocky got a nice focus this episode, with Gumball & Darwin helping him with his love life through the power of Internet dating. But I thought it didn't make sense how they reacted in disgust over Rocky's potential live-action date when there have been plenty of depictions of live-action people before without incident. Then again, throwaway gag for rule of funny.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the episode "The Copycats" yet? It was a nice little middle finger to that Chinese rip off of Gumball we were talking about earlier in the thread. It was great.

Also, looks like they changed Gumball and Darwin's voices again. It's a bit more noticeable this time around. So it looks like each pair of voice actors gets two seasons before they're replaced. Although, I could've sworn that Darwin's previous voice was only like twelve, but I guess i'm wrong.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the episode "The Copycats" yet? It was a nice little middle finger to that Chinese rip off of Gumball we were talking about earlier in the thread. It was great.
Definitely a fun and much deserving episode, especially with the reasoning behind why Chi Chi (as the goat character is called here) doesn't have a sister. Also, the "cowboy caviar" was another shockingly dirty joke that slipped past the censors. :big_grin:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Definitely a fun and much deserving episode, especially with the reasoning behind why Chi Chi (as the goat character is called here) doesn't have a sister.
I'm not sure if this is true or not but, some people claim that the reason they don't have a sister in the rip off is because China wouldn't let the show have more than two kids, because of that whole child limit thing.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
So, um, how about that most recent episode? It was special. I'm not sure whether it was cute or disturbing.
But, it's good to see Sussie get development, I guess? I did kind of forget about her until this episode.

mr3urious

Reaction score
So, um, how about that most recent episode? It was special. I'm not sure whether it was cute or disturbing.
But, it's good to see Sussie get development, I guess? I did kind of forget about her until this episode.
I really liked her musical number near the end, where it shifted to crayon drawings. Gumball is really at its best when it plays with its medium like that. :smile:

mr3urious

Reaction score
So, did anyone see the episode that parodied Final Fantasy VII, which isn't something you see in kids' shows in spite of its popularity? I especially liked how they pointed out how they would just stand there in battle because they loved the battle theme so much. And it's true. :smile:

mr3urious

Reaction score
Season 6 was said to be the last one to have involvement with the original creator. If so, I figured it was going to be one or two more seasons.