The Amazing World of Gumball Thread

Which character is your favorite?

• Total voters

Harleena

Reaction score
"The Fury" was a totally awesome episode. They actually commissioned Studio 4C to animate an anime fight sequence between Nicole and Yuki (Masami's mom). CN hasn't worked with them since they cancelled Transformers Animated! :smile:
I agree! That sequence was epic. Not to mention the various other anime references (I think the flashback was drawn in a Dragonball-esque style? And the animation for Gumball and friends during the fight scene when they were all chili style had bad lip syncing because anime dubs).

Drtooth

Reaction score
When reading the name of this upcoming episode, I figured it was going to be a clip show. Considering the show's budget and the fact that anime studio animated segment last episode probably wasn't cheap, I would actually have been understanding. But thankfully, we got a collection of very short clips presented as web videos again, closing out with a surprisingly heartwarming song.

Speaking of heartwarming, my second viewing of The Fury made me realize why Nichole loves Richard so much. Richard was going to great lengths to cheer her up at the grocery store by trying to look as foolish as possible. That's a great little scene there that gives him a level more of just being a Homer Simpson expy.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
"The Fury" was a totally awesome episode. They actually commissioned Studio 4C to animate an anime fight sequence between Nicole and Yuki (Masami's mom). CN hasn't worked with them since they cancelled Transformers Animated! :smile:
lol i seen that one yesterday.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
i think this is a really funny show, Richard reminds me of my dad, my dad actually falls asleep fast like he does, and he is kind of lazy, and pulls dumb stunts like Richard does. the two characters that i don't like are, Richard's mom and that orange women that came to their house,and insulted the whole family.

Harleena

Reaction score
The son at the end of the episode was sooooo sweet! I loved it!

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
"The Fury" was a totally awesome episode. They actually commissioned Studio 4C to animate an anime fight sequence between Nicole and Yuki (Masami's mom).
For some reason I thought that said "The Furry", I was totally confused like, "what?!? are the even allowed to satirize that on a kids show?" lol. :oops:

But yeah, the anime scene was almost perfect. Right now i'm just looking at clips on Youtube and just marveling at how amazing Cartoon Network is:

Between that scene and the incredibly sweet songs from the last episodes of both Gumball and Steven Universe, I just cannot understand when people say cartoons aren't good anymore. The only thing that could possibly make CN better is if they were to actually bother to air Adventure Time once in a while, than i'd be really happy.

Last edited:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Between that scene and the incredibly sweet songs from the last episodes of both Gumball and Steven Universe, I just cannot understand when people say cartoons aren't good anymore.
Cuz they grew out of watching cartoons on a regular basis when they got older. heck, Rick and Morty proves that adult cartoons can have depth and not just be a collection of 1980's references and jokes about drugs and sex. Not that I'm prudish, mind you, but it seems those are the easy go-tos.

If anything besides MLP:FIM can prove that cartoonists have greater interaction and acknowledgement of the fanbase, the fact that they referenced the lost Gumball Episode "The Grieving" creepypasta:
only for it to be Elmore's equivalent of a Rick Roll

mr3urious

Reaction score
Molly now gets a major part in an episode, and with a new personality of being a long-winded teller of tales, which both Gumball and Darwin can't stand but only the former has the heart to be brutally honest about with her. And unlike someone like Ladonna Compson whose stories are just BS, Molly's are truthful and boring. This leads to the students to create a Rube Goldberg disaster of epic proportions in the school, but still
Molly would rather go over every little mundane detail of the event.

Harleena

Reaction score
So, "The Disaster" was leaked recently. I refuse to spoil anything, even with a spoiler tag, but all I can say is WOW. Just...WOW. It is a major wham episode.
As for "The Stories", I thought it was a decent episode. Molly was really funny and adorable, and I thought that the ending was kinda sweet.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Molly now gets a major part in an episode, and with a new personality of being a long-winded teller of tales, which both Gumball and Darwin can't stand but only the former has the heart to be brutally honest about with her.
I do like how heartwarming the ending was. Instead of being straight up mean to Molly (or as Raven would call it "nean"), they wanted to try and help her out by giving her a real story she could tell. And I especially like that Molly was in on it the whole time, but thought it was incredibly sweet that they thought enough to think they were helping her the whole time. Almost like "The Fan" where, sure, Gumball and Darwin had every right to tell Sarah off. Maybe even file a restraining order. But instead, they played out her fanfic to spare her feelings.