That Powerpuff Girls CGI special finally airs...

mr3urious

Reaction score
...and I found it all right. It's easy to tell that Craig McCracken had zero input in this, as he was busy with Wander Over Yonder when it was being made. It's much faster-paced and feels like self-parody at times. The Ringo Starr-voiced Fibonacci Sequins could have had a bigger role, as well.

If there are good things to say about the special, it's that the new paper cutout art style looked a lot better than I initially thought. Also, the original cast was able to reprise their roles, though Buttercup sounds a bit off to me.

There's rumors going around that this special would lead to a revival seeing as they have a PPG comic series planned, but I'd rather it just be a one-off thing like the last special. Just "let it be". :big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I really liked it and found it better than most later season episodes (Asp-erations was like the only really good episode in season 6, but the one with the Standards and Practices rant was good too). My only major complaint was I found it terribly out of character for the girls to have a temper tantrum in that one scene. I mean, the girls are capable of some morally ambiguous stuff, but I found that a little too childish. Even for Bubbles.

Overall I liked it, I wish Ringo's character had a much bigger part (but it was extremely amazing to have him in the first place). But I can't help think the comic book series has a much stronger plotline.