Thank You, Jerry Nelson

teebs

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
...he is indeed one of our favorite performers.

Jerry, if you see this, you are welcome to my house anytime to visit. And you don't even have to bring a Muppet!
lol..I would have to agree.

Jerry is my favorite performer, and his characters invariably become my favorites. I love to listen to him sing. He can play anything from an adorable frog to a yodelling clam, and probably has. His vocal talents are incredible. Case in point: I saw a Sesame Street sketch where Ernie was listening to an exercise program on the radio. Jerry was the announcer and was using a voice that sounded like Albert Flan form The Muppet Show. Then the radio "changed programs" and once again the announcer was Jerry, but using his normal announcer voice. If I didn't know better, I would have thought it was two different people.

Thank you, Jerry, for all you've done! Keep up the great work!

:sing:

leliebel

Reaction score
I loved him in muppet treasure island especially :big_grin:

janicegroupie

Reaction score
My favorite character from SS is definitly the Count. I love the energy Jerry uses in performing him. Whenever I watch Batty Bat on the 25th anniversary special I totally get excited and into it. The Count has such an amazing, I don't know how to put it, but I guess energy about him and would not be the same with out Jerry. I love how much involvement he had in Fraggle Rock too. Like everyone I love Gobo but also Pa Gorg. I think his voice is awesome especially while singing. And of course Floyd. The Electric Mayhem wouldn't be the same with out him. He is definitly the hippest of the hip and is an amazing singer. I'd like to also mention that he really does a great job with every character he does and it's cool how he's given life to so many whatnot muppets. Jerry I just want to thank you so much for just being a totally awesome amazing performer and, from what it sounds like from people lucky enough to have met you, a great person!

teebs

Reaction score
janicegroupie said:
Jerry I just want to thank you so much for just being a totally awesome amazing performer and, from what it sounds like from people lucky enough to have met you, a great person!
That he is.

Here is another place you can all show your appreciation for Jerry:​

Whatever

Reaction score
Jerry sent me an autograph in which he stated that he was inspired by the deceased Jack Elam (who played villains in old cowboy movies). :big_grin:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I met Jack Elam, and got an autographed photo of him in his long johns! HA!

Whatever

Reaction score
He and I have the same last name... it's not a common one. I dunno if we're related.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Jerry Nelson the awesome one!

Jerry Nelson,is one of the truly remarkable puppeteers we've ever had.He can bend his voice in so many directions.He makes the scariest Muppets lovable.3 cheers for Jerry Nelson!! :cool: