Tgif

peyjenk

Reaction score
Wasn't the appearance by Salem a sweeps stunt? For some reason I can recall they all went back in time in different time periods, and Salem appeared in each episode for that reason.
Every show, it seems, has a time-related episode and this connection with Salem just adds to that.
It was a stunt, probably for sweeps, that connected all four TGIF shows for one night. In the Sabrina episode, she made a "time ball" which changes the world to whatever time period someone thinks about while holding it. Salem ate the ball, and then ran away, leaving the Sabrina cast stuck in the '60s.

Salem then appeared on the other remaining shows that night, transporting each episode to a different time period. Teen Angel was the '70s, You Wish was the '60s, and Boy Meets World was the '40s. Now that I think about it, I believe that Sabrina herself appeared on at least one of those shows that night, if not all three.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Yeah, it was a two-parter...I forget why they were in Vegas too!:stick_out_tongue:

Joey gives Steph a quarter, and she puts it into the slot machine. Naturally, she hits the jackpot, but in true "Full House" fashion, Joey admits he wasn't the one who actually pulled the lever, so he loses out on the car. Or something like that.
Yeah, that's pretty much what happened.

That wouldn't be the same episode when Jesse proposed to Becky, was it?

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Yeah, that's pretty much what happened.

That wouldn't be the same episode when Jesse proposed to Becky, was it?
Erm...it very well may be. They were going to get married on the spur of the moment, or something, but Danny talked them out of it. I think. I'm not up on my "Full House" trivia!:wink:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I'll admit to being a Full House freak so I think I can answer your question Mrs. P!

The Vegas episode Jesse and Becky have a big fight, the first of their relationship. While they're fighting they suddenly make up when they say "I love you" for the first time and Jesse says "we should get married right now!" So they decide they're going to get married in a wedding chapel there and sneak off to do it. The family catches up with them and finds out what's going on and they decide to let them stay. But when they go up the aisle Becky has second doubts and leaves Jesse at the altar. They talk later and decide that they shoudn't have rushed into it but they are still in love. It will be a whole season later that they get engaged at Jesse's grandparents anniversary party.

Yep, I'm a dork.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
The shows I loved to watch on TGIF were Family Matters, (have fond memories of watching that with my uncle and grandmother), Sabrina, Teen Angel, Boy Meets World, (Loved that one!), and was I Wish the one about the woman with the male Ginie?
I just started thinking about that show recently, and it bugged the heck out of me that I couldn't think of the name of it! I sort of remember watching Dinasaurs when I was little, and never really got into Full House, nor did I remember that it was on Friday Nights.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
My favs where Family Matters Step by Step Boy meets World and Hangn with Mr. Cooper! I really wish all of these where on DVD! Boy Meets world is, well the first three seasons anyways. They are cool.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I thought that Boy Meets World was one of the best shows of this block and I also really loved Dinosaurs, too!:smile: There show really stood out the most to me.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Yea both Boy Meets World and Dinosors had a way of dealing with some issus and still kept it clean for the whole family.

Who was your fav on Boy Meets World? Mine was Shawn he seemed like the one that was more like me.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I'll admit to being a Full House freak so I think I can answer your question Mrs. P!

The Vegas episode Jesse and Becky have a big fight, the first of their relationship. While they're fighting they suddenly make up when they say "I love you" for the first time and Jesse says "we should get married right now!" So they decide they're going to get married in a wedding chapel there and sneak off to do it. The family catches up with them and finds out what's going on and they decide to let them stay. But when they go up the aisle Becky has second doubts and leaves Jesse at the altar. They talk later and decide that they shoudn't have rushed into it but they are still in love. It will be a whole season later that they get engaged at Jesse's grandparents anniversary party.

Yep, I'm a dork.
I can't believe I missed your reply, Beth! That's not dorky. That's impressive. :big_grin: Thanks!

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
Out of all of the TGIF shows, the only ones i ever got into were Dinosaurs, Muppets Tonight, and Full House.

Even though its not my favorite episode, The one where Jesse's Grandfather (Pappoli?) dies. Michelle was so upset.

I also liked the one where they went to disney world. I always like it when they put two things i like together (as long as they do a good job with it, which they did.)