Ten favorite clips

dwmckim

Reaction score
I've posted fave Sesame moments before as recently as a month or two ago so i don't care to do a full rehash here. But i do want to give a shoutout to the previously mentioned hippie and dullard discussing shapes sketch ("I know WHO a square is") as One of THE Coolest and Funniest Muppet Sketches EVER. Same with the Subway song and Fat Cat.

...and just because i most likely left it out of previous recaps of fave sketches (it would not be in my top 10 though as other E&B sketches would inch their way in the list over it), i have to give fair due to the Ernie's fool-your-friends disguise kit sketch. Classic interplay, lines, and chemistry between E&B. So many classic moments and lines all in one sketch:

Ernie (as pirate): Have you seen my misson mast? It's misson'!
Bert: Ernie...you're a fool!

Bert: Ernie, Little Red Riding Hood does not have a beard!

...and Herry-as-the-big-bad-wolf's entrance, singing himself a little fanfare: "Ya da da DA da da!"

And another E&B sketch that (again) i never mentoned as a fave before and would honestly fall below others in my top 10 but am listed here since i haven't given it due credit in similar threads like this one: Ernie paints Bert's portrait - and draws him with long curly hair, beard, and glasses! Just the picture alone was so silly looking, that alone makes it such a classic moment.

Mokeystar

Reaction score
Ten is impossible, since after creating this list I thought of a whole bunch more. But here are some faves:

Zizzy Zoomers- As a child, I remember watching this in my livingroom with the curtains pulled on a dark morning. The room was dark and the combination of that and the colorful Zoomers in this clip against the black background was just a cool effect that always stayed with me. The Zoomers are adorable and the song is so groovy, too.

1-2-3-4-5- For many years, this was one of my top three "Holy Grail" Sesame clips that I remember loving when I was around 4 and hadn't seen it since the mid seventies until Inga so lovingly bestowed it upon us last year. Long before she posted it, I went so far as to buy the Fisher Price cartridge of "Numbers" because a 3 second clip of that was featured on it. And then later I found that the audio was featured on the Count Counts Album, so I got that. And to make my experience complete, I finally got to see and hear it all together last year for the first time in 30 plus years. :smile: Bonus since it was animated by Jim.

Parts of body film that ends in kids running down the Brooklyn Bridge (Hey, these feet are running away...I guess I've sung enough today!)- Again, one I haven't seen since like 1973. Susan sings it on her album, so I have the song somewhere. I'm extra sentimental about this clip because I met my best friend fuzzygobo over a discussion about this one six years ago.

J Friends- Do I need to explain? The catchiest clip ever. Who can resist shimmying down with that drumbeat?

Bald Eagle/Flying/Giraffes/Buttahflies/Seahorses/NYC in the Snow/NYC ABC Raposo tunes (tied)-- Who could resist that soul soothing music?

Ernie and Bert and the Radio Knob and when Bert sneezes his nose off (tie)

The Boy, the Girl, and the Jellybeans-- I haven't seen this one since the mid-seventies, but have very fond memories of it.

My Dad's a Busdriver- Cool retro-style music and scenery circa 1970 Seattle. The year and city when and where I began.

Yellow Yahoo- To this day, I still cannot watch this clip without completely cracking up. Through the night, across the sky, by the tree, that looks like a Y.

Eleven Cheer- Another groovy jazzy tune. And bonus because it was animated by Jim.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Is my memory so bad that I can only think of one? My absolutely favourite is the Cooperation Makes it Happen song.

WubbaWubbaWubba

Reaction score
This was actually pretty easy! I tried sticking to Muppet sketches and little bits, although I could come up with ten Muppet/human favorites as well. I wish the list could have been bigger because it was hard trying to choose ten out of all my favorites.

In no order:

1) Grover singing "Monster in the Mirror."
2) Kermit directing Forgetful Jones in a production of Oklahoma!
3) More Grover, this time in Prairie Dawn's production of Singing in the Rain
4) This is the Letter Z
5) Kermit and "Doo Wop Hop". It's the animals in the background that crack me up every time
6) 40 Dots. I know some people don't like this or find it scary, but I absolutely adore this. The guy struggling to get past thirty-nine does it for me.
7) Ernie singing "Imagine That."
8) Pinball Number Count.
9) The falling Baker.
10) Anything with Don Music.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Yeah, I have a lot of other childhood favorites that I didn't mention. I chose to think of all my favorites from when I wa sa child and then put in the first ten that came to mind. I also really liked...

The Nobel Ostrich
Teeny Little Superguy (I feel like these were rarely shown, yet so were some of my other childhood favorites)
Bayou Alphabet
Monsterpiece Theater: Gone with the Wind
Honk Around the Clock
Monster in the Mirror (especialy the celebrity edit)
If I Was a Cloud in the Sky
Ernie and Bert go to egypt (though it did creep me out a little until around 1994)
Bert teaches Berniece how to play checkers
Ernie's "Guess What I'm Thinking of" game
Beat the Time: Cookie Monster
Grover attempts to sell Kermit earmuffs
Grover attempts to sell Kermit a nose warmer
Grover puts teeth in Kermit's mouth
Grover the waiter: big hamburger
Super Grover and Super Elmo
Wheels on my Feet
Lefty sells Ernie an invisible ice cream cone
Kermit and Joey sing the alphabet

I guess it's a good thing that I have no childhood memories of the baker films (though a few clips were in The World of Jim Henson, which was first broadcast near the end of 1994), Jazz Numbers, or Mad Painter.

Soul H

Reaction score
Man these top ten questions are always the challenging ones. But if I were to choose, I'd say...

10. The Baker sketches though I never saw #1
9. Anything requiring Cookie Monster's ravenous appetite
8. The Typewriter Guy though I never saw O and I
7. Swedish Animation Numbers though I'm desperate to see "8 Cows"
6. Little Jerry and The Monotones hits
5. Whenever Telly goes into a major anxiety attack (Nurse! The tranquilizer darts! Quickly!)
4. Grover's lack of getting the correct order at Charlie's Restaurant
3. Ernie and Bert's "Abbott And Costello" routines
2. Anything with Joe Raposo's nerve calming music (especially the seahorse)

and my number 1 favourite clip (insert drumroll and cymbal crash here)

1. Monsterpiece Theater. (Especially "The 400 Blows")

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
Its kind of hard to pick just ten, mut my top ten (in no particular order) are:

1. I Dont Want To Live On The Moon
2. Do The Rubber Duck
3. Would You Like To Buy An "O"
4. Kermit and Grover on Farmers (Dont Know if this sketch has a name)
5. African Alphabet
6. Sherlock Hemlock and Ernie and the Missing Sandwich
7. Muppet and Kid Moment: Kermit and Joey
8. Roosevelt Franklin School: Africa
9. The Allagator King
&
10. The Honker Ducky Dinger Jamboree

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well I'll mention 10 in no particular order, but I'll probably have to add more later, lol:

1. "Hey Cow, I See You Now" (Yes, I admit it!)

2. Melancoly film of flower following announcement of Mr. Hooper's death

3. Grover's "Over and Under and Through"

4. Original sketch of "What's the Name of that Song?"

5. The time Ernie ate some of Bert's cookies lol

6. "I Don't Want to Live on the Moon"

7. "If Moon was Cookie"

8. "Disco D" Lol, I HAVE to include that

9. When Placido Flamingo fell in love with Maria

10. The entire "Put Down the Duckie" special!

muppet maniac

Reaction score
My favorite clips are...

Anything that's rare and often hard to find (esp. early stuff) ; D