Temptation

Fraggleforever

Reaction score
My cousin was telling me about the Muppet Show on DVD, and he told me about a skit that I have seen years ago. It was when Miss Piggy and the Muppet Glee Club was singing the song, Temptation, and Miss Piggy was overcome with Lust and Romance, and hugged and kissed Kermit. I have always wondered why Jim and company thought that a pig chasing after a frog was a interesting idea. I would like to know your thoughts about this skit. And also, if anybody has a video or audio clip of this.

Xerus

Reaction score
What I've just noticed in this skit is when Miss. Piggy tackles Kermit on the ground, you suddenly see an actual Muppeteer's face right near the frogs on the right side. But then they cover him up quickly. I just learned that was Dave Goelz.

I bet those frogs are wondering, "Who is this guy behind us?"

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I noticed in that skit that it seemed like Miss Piggys personality wasn't too different from the other characters. Yes, she loved kermit in that skit, but all of the other animals in the glee club seemed to admire Kermit.

BEAR

Reaction score
Because its comedy. I mean come on, what isn't funny about a lady pig chasing after scrawny little frog. It's absurd and that is a lot of what the Muppets were aiming for.

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
You know out of all the Muppeteers, I think Dave Goelz's head appears the most on screen.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
What I wonder about "Temptation" is why that's the only song that you hear Richard's Miss Piggy sing. I mean, he might have voiced her in other songs when there's a whole group of Muppets singing, but "Temptation" is the only one where you hear Richard's Miss Piggy voice stand out. It was said that he was a stronger singer than Frank. However, through most of the first season it was Frank singing for Miss Piggy (even in "Love Song" when he performed both Piggy and Fozzie). I wonder why that was? Not that I'm complaining since I'm much more comfortable with Frank's Piggy voice. I'm just curious as to why they didn't give Richard more of a chance.

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
I loved how they explained the difference in the voice when they had this clip on "The Kermit & Miss Piggy Story" VHS release. As Kermit was about to introduce the clip, Piggy says something like "Oh don't show that clip. That was before I had voice lessons". Or something like that, I forget the exact quote. Kinda funny, though.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Mickey Moose said:
I loved how they explained the difference in the voice when they had this clip on "The Kermit & Miss Piggy Story" VHS release. As Kermit was about to introduce the clip, Piggy says something like "Oh don't show that clip. That was before I had voice lessons". Or something like that, I forget the exact quote. Kinda funny, though.
Hmmm. Strange that Piggy seemed to be going through "voice lessons" through the first half of the season. Lol.