Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's great news, and it sounds like there's also going to be a heavy Usagi toy line integration as well. Hope that Genosuke the Rhino comes back as well. I thoroughly enjoyed the 2K3 interpretations of the characters, and the episode where Leonardo was transported to Usagi's world (highlight of that series anyway). Especially considering how Usagi was absolutely wasted in the series in two episodes and replaced by Ephraim the re****ed Rabbit or whatever so they didn't have to pay Stan Sakai.

Then again, they did say Flaming Carrot was supposed to cross over, and that never happened. Then again again, they also said Wingnut and Screwloose were going to be in the show, then weren't then actually were. Hope those two get into the toy line. Muckman was supposed to, but I've never seen him.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Especially considering how Usagi was absolutely wasted in the series in two episodes and replaced by Ephraim the re****ed Rabbit or whatever so they didn't have to pay Stan Sakai.
You're talking about the Fred Wolf series, right?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Absolutely.

I mean, if there's any things that I take issue with in the original 80's series it's the crap half of episodes of season 3 that were clearly rushed out and have the same "Krang and Shredder try to get alien artifact from obnoxious aliens" plot, the European Vacation arc, Lord Dregg, and the fact that Casey Jones and Usagi Yojimbo were painfully under utilized.

And I get that the 80's series was sponsored by a toy company and made as an excuse to sell toys. That of course lead to a lot of episodes about toy related mutants. Though this usually lead to them being underused (Mona Lisa and Mondo Gecko especially), or being shoehorned in with a terrible premise (Ray Fillet and Wingnut and Screwloose). It would have been great to see Casey Jones running around as a vigilante or Mondo Gecko being a close ally of the turtles, but they filled those gaps with meh characters exclusive to the show we didn't need. Heck, the comic book existent Triceratons made one puny appearance in one episode and were never heard from or seen again even when the show took place off world with Dregg. Heck, they could have used the Triceratons in his stead.

Usagi was used in 2 episodes and never seen again, much like Casey had 3 episodes and nothing. I find it hilarious that the current Nick series has done more with Mona Lisa as a space warrior than the original did as a companion to Raph. And I still find the Ray Fillet and Wingnut and Screwloose episodes utterly unwatchable. Archie did much better with those characters and then some. Ray was a pointless sidekick to a fish themed mad scientist, Wingnut and Screwloose were alien army men. Though I do find the Batman and Robin standins an improvement (and their Nick episode was a similar, but darker version of Chin Up from Nick's other show, FOP), I kinda wish they went for the Archie origin of being victims of Krang's armies taking their planet (which was at least name-checked in Nick's cartoon). Of course, I also liked Leatherhead's archie origin, but loved that the Nick origin was a dark version of his comic book/2k3 story. That is, instead of Utroms helping and raising him, the Kraang mutated him and used him for experimentation.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's officially confirmed. The fact "Out of the Shadows" underperformed means there's no likelihood of a third movie. At least in this series.

Now, I'm mixed. I still have problems with the direction they took these films, even though the second film was a vast improvement over "April Vs. The Virus and the Turtles are there Too." I mean, I didn't like what they did with Casey Jones and I still didn't like how a lot of the film was human focused and how Shredder still was barely in it. But I did like how Bebop, Rocksteady, and Krang were handled, and I still think they did the Turtles well here, even with the odd character designs. Still, I can tell that after the first one failed to get the same audience the first one did with no competition, they really needed to start this thing over again. They totally did not need Michael Bay, even as just the producer.

But the question is, when is a good time to restart the franchise? Like 4 years like the Smurfs did? I really hope this movie's failure to perform doesn't harm the Nickelodeon TMNT cartoon series or any long term plans they have with the characters outside of nostalgic merchandise. I haven't seen or heard of any new toys in the toyline (outside the WWE variants) since. And we still don't have Muckman and Joe Eyeball in the line.

mr3urious

Reaction score
We got ourselves an intense episode again, this time with the return of Super Shredder from the Secret of the Ooze movie, and this time he's no pushover who can easily get crushed to death by a puny little dock. In fact, his blind rage over Splinter comes to a head once again in that
the two go down together after a heated battle that was mostly one-sided.

Also love his gruesome design with all the spikes and veins popping out of his body, with a big bulging mutagen heart right in the center.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Did this episode leak online first or something? I'm getting worried about the show's broadcasting.

Oh...they just moved it to 9 AM.... yeah. Without notice or any sort of hint that the time was change. Great job, Nick. Wanna sabotage this show as well?

C to the J

Reaction score
Anyone else keeping track of the episodes? The fourth season had already ended and the Super Shredder is no more.

In the fifth season, it's now called "Tales of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles," which introduces a being much more powerful than the Super Shredder - a demodragon called Kavaxas.

Tiger Claw has control over Kavaxas as long as he wields the seal, which was one of the two components vital to bringing Kavaxas into existence, the other component being the titular scroll of the demodragon.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Anyone else keeping track of the episodes? The fourth season had already ended and the Super Shredder is no more.

In the fifth season, it's now called "Tales of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles," which introduces a being much more powerful than the Super Shredder - a demodragon called Kavaxas.

Tiger Claw has control over Kavaxas as long as he wields the seal, which was one of the two components vital to bringing Kavaxas into existence, the other component being the titular scroll of the demodragon.
I know I have! I have been recording every single shows! I hope I can turn my friends into watching it with me.