Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Watching interview with Pat Fraley, he talked about how in the beginning the voice actors had much more freedom to adlib as much as they wanted to, but as the series progresses and became more successful, the ability to adlib became far more restrictive to the point the voice actors were practically begging to be allowed to adlib more freely again. I think he said it was because once the series became a hit, the writers and producers felt more of a sense of responsiblity to ensure the series remained a hit.

Somehow, it seems to me that in any other situation like this, it would be the reverse, and that the voice actors would be given more freedom to adlib as a series progresses, because they'd probably be more in-tune with their characters and be able to have a little freedom with what they do or say.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hmmm... seems a lot more complicated than I'd thought it'd be to make. I was just figuring pizza sauce, cheese, maybe pepperoni pieces in a gyoza wrap. Once saw someone on television making something similar, just with wontons.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Jhonen Valazquez returns unexpectedly to Nickelodeon to strangely give us this new TMNT short.

And Pizza Steve is the voice of Raph for some reason.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Two more special SDCC short cartoons popped up.

This one from Kevin Eastman hisself:

(fun fact. Raph is played by the same VA that played Donatello in the 2K3 series)

Not gonna lie...kinda wish the current show looked like that.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Loved seeing Jhonen Vasquez back to do something new for Nick. That TMNT short definitely has his twisted style of humor.

Erine81981

Reaction score
The last one was really cool! I really did enjoy that one. It was also cool to have got to hear Townsend Coleman back as the 80's Michelangelo. RAD!!! Also if you look at the part where the turtles are back as their baby turtles you get to see how Raphael got that little chip in the front of his shell.

But I really did enjoy them all and it would be cool to see this style of animation for the series too. I wouldn't mind it at all. Neat find Drtooth. Did you see the stop motion one called "Turtle Fail?"

mr3urious

Reaction score
It's cool that Shinigami is a character created just for the Nick series, but she really feels like she came out of the Mirage comics to me. Also, Karai has taken Shredder's name like she did in the 4Kids series, but here she's doing so to get revenge on him.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Karai took on the mantle of the Shredder (and was introduced, actually) in the actual TMNT comic story of the same name. While it was a good enough episode, I'm disappointed there wasn't more of a city actually at war, with the different crime families (especially the Foot) starting to fight each other. Just a small fight between both Karai and Shinigami trying to undo everything Saki has done and Saki's loyal henchmen. Not to say that this isn't a very important catalyst episode.