Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
jediX said:
Yecch. Although, I did like Mona, the salamander-ish lizard girl from the old cartoon.
There was no female lizard character in the old cartoon. There was a lizard character, but it was a guy. His name was Mondo Gecko. The only female lizard character I can think of that you may be thinking of is Mona Lisa, who was a fan-created character.

-Skeeter

Manda:-D

Reaction score
I love 'em both. Except for the new opener...I HATE the new opening theme, but, then, so does everybody.
I've loved nearly all incarnations of the Turtles, though. I grew up on the old cartoon, loved the movies, was fascinated when I dioscovered the old comic books, LOVE the new cartoon, and I even read the goofy comic strips!
I can't go on enough a/b the new series....I just LOVE how they managed to put Fugitoid in there! It's fantastic!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I know what you mean... I don't Hate the new opener (it's pretty good, but not as good as the old one, but MUCh better than the final 2 seasons on CBS opener)

4Kids usually does a better job with opening songs. I mean, The Kirby Right Back at ya opening is catchy... Ultimate Muscle has a very good theme song, and Funky Cops? One of my favorite themes. The problem with TMNT is they tried tooooooo hard to make the opening extremely cool,m but it sounds off to me.

Of course I REALLY REALLY hated the last two seasons on CBS... I stopped watching at that point. The theme song was the worst of the three..

All they did was sing

Teenage... Mutant... Ninja... Turtles...
TURTLE POWER!!!
ad Nauseum!!! Yuck!

The funny thing is they had to rerecord most of the UK TMNT theme because they can't be called Teenage Mutant NINJAs... they are known as the Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles...

They rerecorded just the chorus and they somehow edited one line so it went [/I]Splinter taught them to be (fighting) Teens[/i]

I always wondered if they had to redubb the show or edit out some of the dialouge....

Manda:-D

Reaction score
I stopped watching aroundf the final 2 CBS seasons, as well, but that was more because I was getting into more "girly" and "grownup" things at the time. (A phase which only lasted a/b a year, anyway, but that's beside the point.) Heck, I even kinda like movie #3!!! It's not my FAVORITE, but it's definitely tolerable!
(I'm also kind of holding out for the eventual appearance of Mikey's CAT in the new cartoon, but I doubt it'll happen!)

Drtooth

Reaction score
I've heard that Usagi Yojimbo is supposed to show up sometime, though.

I wonder who's going to play him...

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
if you have kazaa, you can download a whole bunch of the old turtle episodes from the 1st cartoon series as well as the new series.

i like the first 5 episodes of the 1st cartoon show, where they meet april, shredder, krang, the nutrinos, etc. right before the end of part 5 where the technodrome got pulled into dimension x.

i miss seeing the technodrome on the new series and krang......shredder and krang made a good bad guy team...

ryan

Thijs

Reaction score
Update:

What the...I saw some production pics of new action figures! A new Triceraton, and more new versions of old characters! Leatherhead, and more! Are they in the new cartoon too?

www.ninjaturtles.com/toys

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Triceritons are in the show (with fugitoid and the Utroms) as we speak!

long story short, while searching for Splinter, the TMNT infiltrait a building that is a front for the Utroms (Brain people in robot suits, similar to Krang, but not megolamaniacal... they just want to leave earth) and they get transported to far off space and get arrested by the Triceriton army trying to rescue Fugitoid.

Leather head will be in the series (much different from in the first one I hope... I can't stand the Gumbo jokes) soon.