Teen Holds Guinness World Record For Largest Collection of Muppet Memorabilia

gravy

Reaction score
Any piece of merchandise from when Jim Henson was around before his death on May 16, 1990.

A Muppet Babies toy produced in 1986? Check. A poster bought from 1989?. Ok. Some Great Muppet Caper collectible glasses (if there were any) to tie-in with the movie? WOW

And I BARELY scratched the surface of Muppet merchandise from the Jim Henson era. There was billions more, even if it's just Muppet Show Muppets.

The only exception is for the non-collectible stuff like DVDs/videos, etc .that have Jim performing his characters.

But, who for me to say. I've built a Peanuts collection since the mid-late 2000s and the only piece of Peanuts merchandise I've owned that I kept that was from the Sparky (Charles Schulz) era is a 1998/1999 VHS (its a 1994 reprint I believe) of It's the Easter Beagle, Charlie Brown
I believe there were those Wilkins and Wontkins toys...

MrMuppet93

Reaction score
OK, so I was wrong. But the MAJORITY of the Muppet merchandise should have been produced when Jim was around, or at least until the mid-90s. Perhaps us older Muppet fans have a bigger collection than his. If we claim a bigger Muppet collection, then the record is broken and he has to be in second place.

I always loved Guinness World Record ever since I was in grade school, but a person a younger sibling of mine's age having a big Muppet collection to some of us who knew Jim and his fellow performers who are :concern: Muppet fans is just weird. I even knew a Muppet fan my age, he outta have more Muppet stuff than this guy does:laugh: LOL.

Bottom line, go in your attics.

DMHFan

Reaction score
I wish I had one. I have most of the Muppets stuff.

DMHFan

Reaction score
How would you know that, though?
I've got the first 10 volumes of Best of TMS on DVD from Time-Life as well volume 13 and the first 3 Muppet movies on DVD from 2001 and 2 Muppets books and Muppets Most Wanted on DVD/Blu-Ray.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I've got the first 10 volumes of Best of TMS on DVD from Time-Life as well volume 13 and the first 3 Muppet movies on DVD from 2001 and 2 Muppets books and Muppets Most Wanted on DVD/Blu-Ray.
This goes beyond media: figures, toys, plushes, clothing, etc.