Teen Dating Prob.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Personally I wouldn't look on the web, too many potential problems. I just mean it's not that big a deal if you don't find someone in school right away. :smile:

Davina

Reaction score
Personally, I still think you're plenty young to not be worried about finding "the one" yet.. you're 17, soon you and all of the kids at your high school will be off to college or jobs or whatever, and everything in your lives is going to change, that will have an effect on how you see yourselves and each other..
so don't worry too much about it, have fun and work on developing your talents and skills. (there was a guy I went to HS with who could juggle.. and i thought that was the coolest thing...)

As for looking on the web, I can't tell you you'll never have any luck, as that's how I met my husband.. but that was after years and years of looking, dealing with the liars and the scammers and the jerks and idiots.. there's good out there.. but there's also a _LOT_ of bad, so be careful, and for now, don't take anything too seriously, online or otherwise.. look for gals who can be your friends and then see what develops from there, that's always the best way anyway.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Personally, I still think you're plenty young to not be worried about finding "the one" yet.. you're 17, soon you and all of the kids at your high school will be off to college or jobs or whatever, and everything in your lives is going to change, that will have an effect on how you see yourselves and each other..
so don't worry too much about it, have fun and work on developing your talents and skills. (there was a guy I went to HS with who could juggle.. and i thought that was the coolest thing...)

As for looking on the web, I can't tell you you'll never have any luck, as that's how I met my husband.. but that was after years and years of looking, dealing with the liars and the scammers and the jerks and idiots.. there's good out there.. but there's also a _LOT_ of bad, so be careful, and for now, don't take anything too seriously, online or otherwise.. look for gals who can be your friends and then see what develops from there, that's always the best way anyway.
Agreed, something so important takes time and maturity. Your life can change in so many ways in college and afterward. And many successful couples begin simply as friends.

JoeyMuppet

Reaction score
Agreed, something so important takes time and maturity. Your life can change in so many ways in college and afterward. And many successful couples begin simply as friends.
Talking about changes in my life... I got an e-mail on espinthebottle.com, on Sunday, from this 16 yr. old girl. It turns out that we might have alot in common, but the scary thing about it is.. She's a teen mother. She has a 8 month old daughter, and this 16 yr. old( her name's Lashae ) wants me to possibly be her boyfriend and her daughter's step-father.

I asked Lashae Sunday afternoon, What happened to her baby's father? .. And she told me, that basicly after she got pregnent.. her boyfriend left her. And didn't want anything to do with her or his baby. Even though this is really serious.. Lashae is a really cute and sweet girl, plus she lives in the same state as me. If you guys have any ideas about this, please let me know. Thanks guys.

P.S.- I haven't told my family, teachers, or friends about this so far.:embarrassed:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
You have no business dating a teenaged mother.

I know I'm comming across too rough but no one that young should be a parent and
She needs to concentrate on raising this child without any distractions.

JoeyMuppet

Reaction score
I feel that same way.. Cause honestly, I'm not ready to take care of a kid of my own. I mean I'm just a junior in high school.

Davina

Reaction score
yes, i agree that that is definately too young to be looking at other guys in your age group as potential step fathers...
she definately needs to concentrate on getting as much education as she can right now so she can provide for the child she has chosen to raise. Personally, I feel that she'd be doing herself and the child a big favor by giving it up for adoption, but, to be fair, that opinion is being voiced by a woman who suffers from infertility, and has also seen 2 young cousins have children at way too young an age.. (one was mad at her bf and slept with his best friend.. oops.. she's now pregnant with her second "because the state will give her more money".. and the other thinks it will make her a "grown up"..)
it's not the brightest idea...

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
Oh, I know alot about pregnant teen mothers.
I see them all the time in my school. They sometimes
are serious but the majority aren't and turn to drugs 80%
of the time. I know, I've seen some do some and I always find
myself smacking it out from their hands. It's sad.

I wouldn't allow sympathy to get in the way Joey.
Behind the sweetness can come a desperate person.
It isn't easy to care for a baby so, obviously SOME will
just find a guy--almost any guy to father them.

I hope I don't sound so cruel but, I have seen alot.
Plus, you understand already that dating at this tender age
is kind of....out of the purpose. It's like saying a child knows
what love is...see how silly? :smile:

If you count 17 years or even 18....you'll see you haven't lived
so long. So, we've alot to learn before we can eagerly jump into
the arms of a lover and call them our own.

Just enjoy life!
Don't chya worry yourself to death
about it. :wink:

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
yes, i agree that that is definately too young to be looking at other guys in your age group as potential step fathers...
she definately needs to concentrate on getting as much education as she can right now so she can provide for the child she has chosen to raise. Personally, I feel that she'd be doing herself and the child a big favor by giving it up for adoption, but, to be fair, that opinion is being voiced by a woman who suffers from infertility, and has also seen 2 young cousins have children at way too young an age.. (one was mad at her bf and slept with his best friend.. oops.. she's now pregnant with her second "because the state will give her more money".. and the other thinks it will make her a "grown up"..)
it's not the brightest idea...
Welfare---the most degrading type of support.
You are right, they must study, work, and be intelligent.
Twice more than the average teen.

Being grown up is not casting yourself aside like an old shirt
for the men to put on. Being grown up is the ability to respect yourself and others, be active with responsibility, strive with energy for your goal in life, and planning ahead rather than jumping the cliff because it is "cool".

:smile:

...oh no...a little Sam the eagle is talking through me...

NOOOOO!

:attitude:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I don't think teen mothers should be treated as lepers (not that anyone here is). People do make mistakes in this life (unfortunately this type of mistake seems to keep happening). And the boyfriends who suddenly abandon them aren't critisized enough in my opinion.

But yeah, teen mothers should concentrate primarily on raising the child and getting an education. Thinking a boy will come help you out is generally unrealistic (no offence to boys :smile: ).