TDK Mediactive Secures Muppet Game License

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
TDK Mediactive Secures Muppets License
Courtesy of Yahoo News

TDK Mediactive, Inc., a global publisher of entertainment software, announced today an exclusive three-year, renewable worldwide licensing agreement with Jim Henson Interactive, a division of The Jim Henson Company, for the Muppets(TM), one of the most prolific brands in the entertainment industry. The agreement ensures TDK Mediactive exclusive rights to develop and publish games based on many of the Classic Muppet characters, including Kermit the Frog(TM), Miss Piggy(TM), Fozzie Bear(TM), The Great Gonzo(TM) and more. Platforms covered by the license agreement include the PSOne and PlayStation® 2 computer entertainment system, Xbox(TM) video game system from Microsoft, the Nintendo GameCube(TM) video game system, the Game Boy® Advance and PC platforms.

``The colorful Muppet characters and their hilarious antics are tailor-made for videogames,'' said Vincent Bitetti, chief executive officer of TDK Mediactive. ``The Muppet license is a continuation of our efforts to diversify our business across all viable platforms, categories and age demographics and fits well into the `E' rated segment of our business.''

``In celebration of the 25th anniversary of `The Muppet Show,' we've been expanding the reach of Muppet characters by leaps and bounds this year,'' said Craig Allen, General Manager and Senior Vice President, Jim Henson Interactive. ``The licensing agreement with TDK Mediactive will ensure that high quality, entertaining Muppet games will be produced for a variety of platforms, giving our fans the world over a true gaming experience that only the Muppets can deliver.''

More about the Muppets license will be revealed at E3, South Hall, booth number 1446.

About the Muppets

The zany cast of ``The Muppet Show'' has brought joy to generations since their television introduction a quarter of a century ago. The show first debuted in syndication on September 26, 1976 and continued for five seasons with 120 shows. Since then, the Muppets, known for their clowning, conjuring, quirkiness and kindness, have become international superstars shaping ``pop culture'' with over 50 Emmy Awards and a high celebrity profile.

About TDK Mediactive, Inc.

Southern California based TDK Mediactive, Inc. is a global publisher of high quality entertainment software for current and next generation video game systems. The company's games are based on original and licensed content derived from major motion pictures, video franchises, popular literature and popular culture. TDK Mediactive has exclusive technology and content licenses with Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc., Microsoft Corporation, Nintendo of America Inc., DreamWorks SKG, Vivendi Universal Studios, Mattel, Classic Media, R & S Trading, BKN International, DC Comics, Hallmark, BDSP, The Jim Henson Company and others.

TDK Mediactive is part of TDK Corporation's global effort to expand its offerings to consumers of entertainment-oriented products. More information about TDK Mediactive and its products is available at www.tdk-mediactive.com

About Jim Henson Interactive

Established in 1998, Jim Henson Interactive (JHI) is responsible for the worldwide digital expression, development and creative production of the Company's intellectual properties including such well-known brands as the Muppets, ``Farscape,'' ``Jim Henson's Bear in the Big Blue House,'' ``Jim Henson's The Hoobs,'' ``Mopatop's Shop,'' ``Jim Henson's Construction Site'' and ``The Dark Crystal.'' The division works with a variety of partners including Sony, Microsoft, Intel, Vivendi Universal, Simon & Schuster Interactive, Midway and Ubi Soft.

This release contains forward-looking statements. These statements are subject to certain risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those anticipated in the forward-looking statements. Readers should not place undue reliance on forward-looking statements, which reflect management's view only as of the date hereof. The Company undertakes no obligation to publicly revise these forward-looking statements to reflect subsequent events or circumstance. Readers should carefully review the risk factors described in the documents the Company files from time to time with the Securities and Exchange Commission.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Phil

Hey,
People in the US should take a look through the Nintendo Magazine, April Issue.

Someone told me there was some Muppet Game pics in there, But im not sure if they are realiable !

See ya

Reaction score
I have a subscription to Nintendo Power. The April issue has 2 pictures of Muppet Pinball Mayhem. The graphics look pretty good... I think I'll buy this one when it finally comes out. The magazine gave a release date of sometime in May.

beaker

Reaction score
I'ts official: MPM will keep getting pushed back til the new ice age!

Well Muppet fans...it's sad to say, but it's pretty much official...MPM, despite a bazillion pushbacks, and an original september 2001 release, will keep getting pushed back indefinately. The new release date is, get this, June 11th. wow.
It was *supposed* be out this week. (and a dozen other missed releases already) Folks, I think its about time to forget about this one. Why? Would you be surprised if by June 11th amazon.com and ebgames.com report this to be out August, heck December?

Let us hope this is the last pushback, though somehow I doubt it.
My highly awaited Street fighter Alpha 3 for game boy advance has been pushed back til August and a few others ones may never see the light.

Anyways, there better be like Pepe, and some incredible cool features and awesome replay value on this MPM game!

///beaker///

*whose afraid there indeed will only just be Kermit, Gonzo, Piggy, and Animal in the game*

Luke

Reaction score
It will come out, and i'll try and find out officially whats happening with it for people - i have a contact.

Nintendo are being very strict with the release of GBA Games and only allow so many games to be released at a time in their 'release schedule'. Bigger companies get allocated more 'slots' than the smaller ones - and Nintendo can change this at any time, especially when they want to slot in the release of one of their own titles.

I think it is probably something to do with this as New Kid Co is a pretty small licensee so i guess they get trampled over by the bigger companies, and keep having their product pushed back.

beaker

Reaction score
Well, Im excited about that new Muppet game deal Phil posted about. I seriously have only seen one Muppet game I thought was pretty darn cool(ie: Muppets Inside! for the pc) Anyways, I plan on attending this years E3(electronic entertainment expo) so hopefully they'll have some Muppet game stuff there.

///beaker///

AruggeRadio

Reaction score
This sounds pretty cool. I enjoyed both the Midway games (I may have been the only one) so I hope they come out with some more titles.

TDK hasn't been in making games for long but if they have Henson Interactive make the games they should be pretty cool.

Foreignman

Reaction score
I get Nintendo Power, and they didn't have any pics in the April issue. I don't think any ftom any of the new games have been released yet, but I think we can hope for them in the near future. Cross your finger!

M

Muppet Labs

Hi Everyone,

I personally can't wait for some muppet games for the PC....I was hoping someone would know if their were ever any muppet games for PC?......Just curious....Thanks

Bye,

Todd

Salmoto

Reaction score
There was a Muppet adventure game for the PC that came out around 91. It featured a plot where the Muppets (Actual muppets filmed in full motion video) were stuck in the computer and needed your help to escape. Video segments featuring Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo and even Statler & Waldorf bridged intractive games like one where you cruized around in a doom-style maze slicing up vegetables for one of the Sweedish Chef's meals. Plenty of Muppet humor including bad puns involving computers.

Statler: Have you ever had a floppy disk?
Waldorf: At our age, everything is floppy.