Tartakovsky directing Dark Crystal sequel

Laszlo

Reaction score
Galfling Waldo,

you're my hero!

Thanks!

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
wow!!! sooo awsome. I just sent that link to my dad's email. That was the 1st movie my perents seen when they where dating back then! I re-call mom saying the line was looooooooooooooooooooong! :smile:

Barry Lee

Reaction score
This is cool considering Tartakovsky is a muppet fan also.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Dude, GW, you are the coolest for having the connections you do!!!

That picture is sooooooo amazing!!!!! Queen Kira, I just, man, that's so cool. Another year+ is gonna be a looooooooooooong time to wait!

DTWolf

Reaction score
Am I the only one distressed that we now have TWO sticky threads on this film? How do you know where to post comments?:confused: :cry: :wink:

Sigh. Anyway, I know nothing of Tartovsky--I know about Samurai Jack and the animated Clone Wars, but I've never watched them. I'm glad to hear other people saying positive things about using him for this movie.

To repeat here what I said in the other Dark Crystal thread: I'm concerned about the CGI. If they're using it to save money, it surely won't be up to the standards of huge movies like Lord of the Rings, so there's a lot of room for CGI to look bad.

But I'm optimistic about focusing on new characters. Let's hope they make them quite different from Jen and Kira (okay, "made of fire" is pretty different already!) and show them as full, intriguing, unique personalities.

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
I think the CGI could work as long as they make sure it is quality work and not something along the lines of Fairies, Carebears Go to Jokealot and other unmentionables *shudders*.

Gennedy's work is really great. I just hope he can capture the sould of the work

Chris Von Count

Reaction score
This is really good news indeed!:smile: Man I remember watching Dark Crystal way back in the day.. of course I watch it now too since I have the video of it as well. A long wait for a sequel but no worries the wait will be worth it:excited: .

Here would be another interesting movie to make a sequel to provided you could get one of the stars back, and some of the original writers back into it as well I think Labyrinth would be awesome to see a sequel to:wink:

Chris

SJohnson

Reaction score
This is Great News

This is the best news. It has always been the Jim Henson Companies style to reach out to creative people that have a unique vision. Think Brian Froud, Anthony Minghella, Michael Frith, David Bowie etc. I can’t wait to see what Tartakovsky brings to the world of the Dark Crystal.

Karrion

Reaction score
I dunno. This whole thing makes me very nervous. Revisiting masterpieces always do. Dare I bring up SW episode one?