Taking Your Puppetry To The Next Level

Melonpool

Reaction score
One of the ways I'm attempting to take my puppetry to the next level is to scale down my puppets and investing in a wide-angle lens.

This should (in theory) greatly increase the scope of my little productions without needing any more real estate to house sets in my rather cramped apartment.

For Christmas, I scaled down one of my puppets by 80% and found it actually made him a lot easier to manipulate and didn't hamper the overall look at all (my original puppets were rather "airy" inside).

This weekend, I'm going to experiment with rod puppets a bit to see if I can take some characters down even further. This was all set in motion after I built an eight-foot wide set (which should have been more than enough for two puppets) and found that you could barely see it in the final film.

Of course, if I had really been on the ball, I would have started working out the logistics of all this without a two-year gap in production. :wink:

Blink

Reaction score
One of the ways I'm attempting to take my puppetry to the next level is to scale down my puppets ...For Christmas, I scaled down one of my puppets by 80% and found it actually made him a lot easier to manipulate and didn't hamper the overall look at all (my original puppets were rather "airy" inside).
This is something that most puppet builders should consider doing, and understand the implications for a puppeteer. I have been planning on writing a blog post about this very topic for a while now.

CBPuppets

Reaction score
Anything's Possible if you keep a positive attitude.