Swazzle Seeking Puppeteers for National Tour

SJohnson

Reaction score
Swazzle seeking puppeteers for national tour of “Dream Carver”, a 55-minute bilingual puppet musical. Acting and singing ability required. Spanish language skills a plus. All ethnicities encouraged to audition. This is a non-union tour.

Dream Carver tells the story of Mateo, a young boy in Oaxaca, Mexico, whose father has taught him to carve small wooden toys in the traditional way. One night, Mateo dreams of fantastic, brightly colored animals that dance and sing. When he wakes up, he is impelled to break tradition and carve his dream animals to life.

MATEO/JAGUAR 1: Female, 18-40 to play a young boy (Male with a higher range considered).
Mateo: A hopeful young wood carver living in Oaxaca Mexico.
Jaguar 1: A sultry fuchsia Jaguar that appears to Mateo in a dream.
Vocal style: Contemporary musical theatre mezzo with a pop flair.
Spanish Language a plus.

QUETZAL/FATHER: Male 18-40’s.
Quetzal: A large talking bird that appears to Mateo in a dream. He’s theatrical and charismatic.
Father: A proud woodcarver who prefers things to be done in the traditional way.
Vocal style: Contemporary musical theatre bari-tenor with a strong pop flair.
Spanish Language a plus.

MOTHER/SISTER/JAGUAR 2: Female 18-40’s.
Mother: Loving, caring and traditional. She wants the best for her son and family.
Sister: Spunky, silly and outspoken.
Jaguar 2: A sultry fuchsia Jaguar that appears to Mateo in a dream.
Vocal style: Contemporary musical theatre mezzo with a slight pop flair.
Spanish Language a plus.

AMIGO/CONEJO: Male or Female 18-40’s.
Amigo: Mateo’s playful and rambunctious dog.
Conejo: A silly bright blue rabbit that appears to Mateo in a dream.
Non singing roll. Puppeteer may cover other rolls so singing and Spanish language is a plus.

To schedule an audition please email a resume highlighting puppetry/musical theater experience to Sean Johnson at puppetshows@swazzle.com. Put “Dream Carver Auditions” in the subject line.

Poptarts

Reaction score
I wish I could try out for this. I have too many projects currently. What a dream it would be to work for Swazzle. I hope to attend your show if it comes to my area.