Super Computer!

BuddyBoy600alt

Reaction score
Does anybody remember weird live action sketch called "Super Computer?" There were 4 skits made. A little girl would use Super Computer to play a game. One of the skit was where the girl wanted to play the maze game (Game D), where she has to drag the watering can on the maze before all the leaves on the plant fall off one-by-one. Will she make it? She does so. I wonder if any other skits of this segment is found yet? The watering can maze was featured on the Season 14 episode, 1813 (C, D, 2).

Last edited:

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I think these segments were produced and aired only in Canada, as I do not remember seeing any segment related to computer usage in any American-produced episode until 1984. And no, the Scanimate segments do not count.

I believe another computer-themed segment of what the OP is referring to also appeared in a Season 13 episode which aired on CBC early in the spring of 1983 (Episode 1637, to be exact), and it featured huge letters appearing on a screen.

I also recall seeing another such segment which shows a letter "S" on the screen, as the computer flies in. I am not sure if the "S" resembles Super Computer, in a similar fashion to the "S" on Superman's chest, and it might Imply being the intro to the Super Computer segments.

It sounds like Canadian Sesame Street was a step ahead in teaching kids about computers as opposed to the U.S. counterpart.

Last edited:

BuddyBoy600alt

Reaction score
I think these segments were produced and aired only in Canada, as I do not remember seeing any segment related to computer usage in any American-produced episode until 1984. And no, the Scanimate segments do not count.

I believe another computer-themed segment of what the OP is referring to also appeared in a Season 13 episode which aired on CBC early in the spring of 1983 (Episode 1637, to be exact), and it featured huge letters appearing on a screen.

I also recall seeing another such segment which shows a letter "S" on the screen, as the computer flies in. I am not sure if the "S" resembles Super Computer, in a similar fashion to the "S" on Superman's chest, and it might Imply being the intro to the Super Computer segments.

It sounds like Canadian Sesame Street was a step ahead in teaching kids about computers as opposed to the U.S. counterpart.
Maybe they did show it on the US airing as well.