Super Bowl LIII: The Commercials

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
While we have another thread for the game, this one is for discussing the commercials.

Let us know which commercials you liked and those you didn't care for. After the commercials air, feel free to embed video links here as well.

There have been years where we've been surprised by Muppet references in some of the commercials. We'll have to see if there are any surprises this year.

:boo: :sleep:

If you saw the Super Bowl, please like this post and share your thoughts on the commercials below.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I don't get this thing of putting them up online before they air. They're paying millions of dollars for the airtime, while the web is free, and it takes the fun out of seeing them for the first time.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
Mostly forgettable ads this year. There were a few gems, though, like the Amazon one with the dog ordering dog food with its Echo Dog Collar, the Bud Light ones, and the aforementioned Walmart one. But other than those and a few others, yawn.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I was definitely not a fan of the ads this year, but there were a few good ones.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I liked the Walmart one and the Budlight and the corn syrup delivery. For longtime NFL fans the NFL 100 years one was very very good. Couple other cute ones as well but overall disappointing. The chunky milk one was the worst.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
The only Super Bowl commercial that really made me laugh was the M&M's one. The commercial for the spiked selzer was good too, even if it's the latest/newest entry in the line of similar products. The Bud Light commercials: Corn Syrup Delivery was funny in premise but lacked a payoff at the end, the Joust was good, the others meh, but I like the overall renfest genre of their commercials.

Everything else, meh or bleh.

The movie trailers... The only one I saw that was identified was Wonder Park even if I don't know what the premise/franchise of said movie is about. All the other trailers, they just air the clips and then announce the rating at the end leaving you to guess what the heck the movie is, a complete sense of :confused: fully generated.