Studio DC: Almost Live, Coming Soon on DVD

Beauregard

Reaction score
The thing is, Dr T, I'm sure that if they released John Denver and the Muppets a Christmas Together you'd snap it up in a moment! But how was their appearing on his (heavily religious) show then any more valid or relevant than their appearing in the Disney Channel show now? The Muppets have always appeared in other people's programmes -- such as that one with Julie Andrews, and even originally with Ed Sullivan. It's really not such a huge departure from their usual stance.

I know what you are thinking, if they are investing the time and money into releasing one thing, why not the other? But you have to also ask who is investing the time and the money...is it just the Muppets Studio or also everyone else promoted in that show (and is it a coincidence that it's released in the UK at the same time as the Wizards of Waverly Place movie?)

I'm sure we will get TMS4 at some stage, and until then we should certainly indulge in everything else being released...not to support the Muppets...but to actually have something refreshing and new to sit down and watch. I dare you to watch Rizzo and Pepe scatting and not laugh.

beakerboy12

Reaction score
I actually loved the Pepe and Rizzo polka rap thing. Quite funny:smile:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
The thing is, Dr T, I'm sure that if they released John Denver and the Muppets a Christmas Together you'd snap it up in a moment! But how was their appearing on his (heavily religious) show then any more valid or relevant than their appearing in the Disney Channel show now?
It's funny you compare the two, because A Christmas Together is my absolute LEAST favorite Muppet production ever. Rocky Mountain Holiday, however... well, what I've seen of it I like. :halo:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hehe. Well, I wasn't necessarily making a positive comparison :stick_out_tongue: I was just saying its annoying how people gripe so. :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
The thing is, Dr T, I'm sure that if they released John Denver and the Muppets a Christmas Together you'd snap it up in a moment! But how was their appearing on his (heavily religious) show then any more valid or relevant than their appearing in the Disney Channel show now? The Muppets have always appeared in other people's programmes -- such as that one with Julie Andrews, and even originally with Ed Sullivan. It's really not such a huge departure from their usual stance.
Well, the difference is that John Denver was one of the biggest celebrities that continually collaborated with the Muppets. And if anyone here is unfamiliar with my hatred of DC's shows (I miss Even Stevens. That one I really liked), basically I hate the direction the network took, and I hate what greedy incompetent network heads of OTHER networks try to do to compete with that stuff (do the words CN Real mean anything?) All and all I get these guys are popular and all, and I'm sure this is a great special, and I bet there's some great stuff in there that would warrant a rental. But there's just so much goodness the fans are clamoring for that even I'd willingly pay an arm and a leg for. I'm notoriously cheap... because I don't even have all that much, actually.

So, I'm glad fans of this stuff are happy, and I'm happy for you. I will probably rent this or borrow it to see it once, but I am not going to buy it unless I'm totally amazed. I'm saving that for something much better.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Fair enough! I do get what you are saying, though, and if it's a choice between spending out on this or spending out on TMS4, I'd obviously recommend TMS4! I'm really suggesting this because it's available right here, right now.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Plus, I clearly want to replace my VHS copy of the episode with Mark Hamil and the droids and Wookie of Star Wars that was totally destroyed by my VCR when I accidentally dropped the video on the floor. Don't even see why the heck that happened.

beakerboy12

Reaction score
You know Dr. Tooth you could just rent one of the "Best of the Muppet Show" DVDs. It has like 3 random funny episodes per DVD, a Muppetism, and some original character sketches. And one of the DVDs has the Mark Hamill episode. Think about it.