Steve Whitmire Lecture/Workshop at the Center for Puppetry Arts

RomanaFraggle

Reaction score
Oh, how I wish I was an adult and at liberty to go on such excursions! (Hee~ I used big words X3)

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Am I the only one going to this that has absolutely NO puppetry experience?

Im kinda nervous now....
I have none except for playing around with my Muppet Whatnot. I asked them on the phone, and they said no previous experience is necessary.

ploobis

Reaction score
Well, let's hope these sessions are successful enough to inspire him to do a little tour with it. I would love for him to bring it to the NYC area.
ME TOO! :smile:

I've met Steve before in 2003 when he and Kermit made two exclusive appearances at the B&N book stores at Lincoln Center and Union Square in NY. He is a very nice guy.

spcglider

Reaction score
Interesting how in another thread someone mentioned that Steve was a workhorse... its amazing to me that he's doing FOUR days of 1.5 hour lecture plus THREE 1.5 hour workshops in a row! Holy cow! He's totally pushing the envelope for stamina, that's for sure!

And happy day... my wife set me up in a hotel that's only 2 blocks from the Center and only a little way from the rain line to the airport. That's totally helpful as I'm really a knob when it comes to getting around in a different city! :smile:

-Gordon

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Interesting how in another thread someone mentioned that Steve was a workhorse... its amazing to me that he's doing FOUR days of 1.5 hour lecture plus THREE 1.5 hour workshops in a row! Holy cow! He's totally pushing the envelope for stamina, that's for sure!

And happy day... my wife set me up in a hotel that's only 2 blocks from the Center and only a little way from the rain line to the airport. That's totally helpful as I'm really a knob when it comes to getting around in a different city! :smile:

-Gordon
Yet another eerie similarity between him and Jim Henson. Jim Henson was a workaholic from watching various interviews with Henson folks over the years. My favorite story of that was Dave Goelz on a CNN special talking about how Jim had oral surgery one day and came back to the set (I believe it was for the Muppet Show) and continued working!

DrmaticEmphasis

Reaction score
I cant wait to hear how you guys like it... You better post EVERYTHING. Cant wait till my turn on the 16th

dwayne1115

Reaction score

-Gordon
That was me, and I think that the role of Kermit really kind of demands that kind of work horse feeling. Kermit is usaly right there on top of everything trying to be one step ahead of all the other Muppets.
If you read the lattest Steve interview on tough pigs, you kind of get the impression that he would kind of just like to come in do Kermit, or whoever and then go on home. However that was before the whole Kermit the toad feasco, and I think after all that Steve started taking Kermit, and the Muppets a little more seriously. Just something to think about.

propologist

Reaction score
Steve whitmire is doing a couple lectures

Hi Guys,

I just heard of this over at puppetsandstuff.com

http://www.puppet.org/edu/stevewhitmire.shtml

Steve whitmire is doing a couple lectures and classes on an exploration of the essential techniques and methodologies that have allowed hand-and-rod puppet manipulation as developed in the Muppet-style to become an exemplar in both the world of entertainment and the world of puppetry.

I wish I could go but I am in Calif. and working. If anyone is going let us know how it was, and take photos.

Mike