Steve and Jim

gfarkwort

Reaction score
I think that Steve's Kermit was closer to Jim's in the early days...than currently. Steve certainly has made Kermit his own character....much too wild....and Steve is a Good puppeteer....but I think when he does Kermit, he moves too much being the facial expressions..and lifting the top of his head when he talks.......that may be because of the flexibilty change from rizzo to kermit though......

also just my opinon.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Could be, but I thought Rizzo had a mechanism in him that moved his face, but I see how that can be, though.

robinthefrog

Reaction score
Personally I enjoy both performances but if I where to pick my favourite I would say Jim. I grew up on that version of Kermit, that voice. Steve comes very close it and I as well as so many other people will commend him for taking on the role so gracefully whilst doing a terrific job. Realistically we can all be thankful that the character wasnt dropped as soon as Jim passed, at least Kermit is still with us today thanks to people like Steve and that is the thing that matters most.

superboober

Reaction score
Steve's done a more than respectable job with Kermit. Sure, he'll never surpass the Henson Kermit, but really that shouldn't be what he aims for. I think Jim would have wanted him to forge his own path with the character.

Jivepuppet

Reaction score
"I think Jim would have wanted him to forge his own path with the character."

Exactly.

If he was just imitatating Jim Henson all those who don't like him would just harp on that.
And that is sad.

I think it was Axl Rose who said (and I am paraphrasing):
"It's easy to find things you don't like, in all art it's finding the parts you like that shows who is really paying attention"

Something like that...

MrsPepper

Reaction score
To be honest, I really like both. Can't it be possible that over the years, Kermit just got slightly less patient? :smile: I don't blame him. I would have cracked by now!