Steam Punk Sesame Street gang t-shirt....

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't get steampunk... I just don't... it's been explained to me before, but it doesn't make sense... I guess you have to be an anime/manga freak in order to appreciate it...

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I don't get steampunk... I just don't... it's been explained to me before, but it doesn't make sense... I guess you have to be an anime/manga freak in order to appreciate it...
You are not alone, Snowthy. While I understand the concept (victorian future technology...stuff), and while I admit some of it is cool looking, I don't quite get what's so great about it either.

Edit: Hehe...that site has some cool shirts. I found my way to the Scott Pilgrim shirts somehow and I totally want that Gideon Triforce shirt :stick_out_tongue:

KirbTreelo05

Reaction score
As soon as I saw the title, I knew it had to be something from WeLoveFine. :big_grin: I'm gonna have to sit down one day and write a list; there are WAAAAAY to many shirts on that website I want. :excited:

As for steam punk, I think it's pretty neat, but I'm not super wild about about it...I think it just depends on what's being steam punk'd for me to like it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
You are not alone, Snowthy. While I understand the concept (victorian future technology...stuff), and while I admit some of it is cool looking, I don't quite get what's so great about it either.
That's basically all the conceptual explanation you need. A lot of fads and bold geek fashion statements make no sense, and are only for a certain niche. I am starting to understand the appeal. Sci-Fi that hasn't turned into a generic form of Star Wars and Star Trek, where everyone constantly borrows from those two (even though both franchises borrowed heavily from old sci-fi of yore, like Flash Gordon). Plus, apparently people like to make fun of stuff that's really old and stuffy... you know the Commander McBragg types that had full formal dress to go to the can...

Y'know... like
this character...

For me, it IS fun to see how ridiculously dated every generation's view of the future was. You either have technologies that are actually quite obsolete (The Jetsons had heavy use of cassette cartridges for example), shooting too far off with stuff that we didn't quite get a grip on yet, and the completely impossible. Heck, Mega Man has less than 87 years to come true... all it's games take place in the year 20XX. But yet, look at the stuff we do have that we didn't see coming. if you picked out one thing from Star Trek that we actually have, it's communicators (read cell phones) that flip upwards. And even then, those will be obsolete soon.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Things aren't completely obsolete until everyone can afford them. Especially since a lot of people are on budget cell phone plans and only use them in emergencies. I don't see why anyone using a phone for that purpose would need an iPhone that's so much more than a phone that they rarely even are used as phones.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Very true. But major cell phone companies seem to think differently :stick_out_tongue:

I refuse to get a smart phone personally. My regular phone does everything that I would need a smartphone for anyway

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
If only I had cash to waste on this shirt, let alone any more shirts. I'd wear it til it fell apart!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
If only I had cash to waste on this shirt, let alone any more shirts. I'd wear it til it fell apart!
Yeah, after all these years, I STILL wear a "I WAS RAISED ON THE STREET" t-shirt, and people STILL talk about it, :laugh: