Starfish and Coffee...

MrsPepper

Reaction score
maple syrup and jam! :flirt:

I forgot how fun Muppets Tonight is. I haven't watched it in ages, but I just recently re-watched the Prince episode. And I really enjoyed it.
It makes me want either a) a new muppet show or b) Muppets Tonight on DVD. It was cool seeing Seymour (what happened to him?) with Pepe, and how all the new characters fit in with the old ones (Sal the boneyologist cracking Gonzo's legs). It made me all happy inside. ^__^
It really is a shame that it didn't do that well, it had major potential. What happened, did the network cancel it? What a bummer. Whatever, that show rocked!

CARL: "Hi, I'm Carl, and bubbles come out of my head!" **blows bubbles**
BILL: Hey, hey, hey, that's my act!
CARL: Not anymore!
BILL: What?
CARL: **eats Bill**

gleeee.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Mrs. Pepper, you get hugs for the title of this thread. <hugs!>

I don't really know what happened to Muppets Tonight, my understanding is that it was cancelled. <shrug> Who knows, maybe we'll get it on DVD at some point.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Yay, thank you! **hugs** It's stuck in my head...

I've heard rumours floating around that if the TMS season sets sell well, then it's a possibility. I sure hope so. That would be excellent.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
It would indeed, considering I've never seen Muppets Tonight. <sigh>.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Noooo!! Really? That's terrible!! **cries**

I've seen it in reruns about a year ago, and I also used to watch it years and years ago, but I don't really remember it from then. It's cool! I have one episode on my computer, though it has german subtitles (Gotta love the internet).

Of course, there are bits that are kind of weird, like that giant overweight pig with the butler. I don't really get those skits... :confused: But some of the things are mighty cool. One thing that's coming to mind, Billy Crystal and Piggy doing a "When Harry met Sally" parody.. :big_grin: And of course anything with Johnny and Sal.

Whatever

Reaction score
I've only seen one episode, which my grandparents recorded for me. It sounds awesome, though.

G-MAN

Reaction score
I love Muppets Tonight, I taped every episode back when it aired, but unfortunatly I lost 4 of them.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I've seena few episodes. I saw the Garth Brooks episode and he was singing and Rowlf was playing the piano and kind of mumbling and I said "hey it's Rowlf! Where the heck has he been?"

However, I have mixed feelings since others lIke the Electric Mayhem never appeared or talked. and there wasn't other classic muppets like Beauregard, Lew Zealand, Link, etc. although I did hear that Beauregard and Lew showed up in an episode.

I just think that I didn't have enough time in adjusting to the new characters like Johnny and Sal, Clifford (although he was on The Jim Henson Hour) Bobo, and others. It was like "here are the new characters even though you all out there don't know who these people/creatures are."

ryan

Sylinde Bren

Reaction score
Muppets Tonight rocked. -grin- Meep-Zorp, an alien from the Alien Therapy skit and also voiced by Steve Whitmire, would have to be one of my favourite aspects of the show, regardless if he only appeared in the Rick Moranis episode.

July 2nd, they arrive.
July 3rd, they attack.
July 4th, they begin therapy.

President: "Ask him why the aliens never told us what they wanted, they just came and blew up the White House."
Meep-Zorp: "Hey, people cheered."
President: "Huh, just the Republicans."
Psychiatrist: "And the Perot people."
Meep-Zorp: "Leave Perot out of this. He's one of us."

-giggle- ^-^

The Garth Brooks, Rick Moranis and Prince episodes are my favourites, of them all. I truly do hope though that we get the entire series officially released on DVD, in the near future.

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
TogetherAgain said:
It would indeed, considering I've never seen Muppets Tonight. <sigh>.
I have seen it, however it was on at a time I was too young to realise what was going on around me; so I don't remember much of it at all. All I remember is Animal and Sandy Bullock. I think MT DVD would be fab