Stanley

MuppetsBear17

Reaction score
What did you think of this cartoon when it was on?

For me, I loved it. I was really into animals as a kid (Still am), so this show was really fun for me. Alongside Bear, Stanley was another show I loved to watch during Playhouse Disney as a kid. I always loved the theme song, which was done by the Baha Men as it would get me excited for the show. I also loved the music whenever they would have it. It didn't have as much music as say, PB&J Otter (Which was created by the same guy who did Stanley), but there were a decent number of musical numbers and they were always really good. I also loved the characters, with my favorites being Elsie and Stanley's mom, Joyce. I love Elsie as she had a good wit to her and was pretty entertaining and Joyce as she was a responsible mom and loved her son.

The humor was also really good. The Great Big Book of Everything song always makes me laugh as whenever Elsie and Harry sung it, it would always be something new, like in the episode where Stanley and Lester went hiking, they magically appeared only to disappear afterwards. Also, Dennis' reaction to it was always hilarious as he would give some witty sarcastic remarks. I also liked Lionel, Stanley's older brother and Mark, Stanley's dad. Lionel because he manages to be a caring older brother even if he does tease Stanley ocassionally, unlike other older brothers in cartoons who are unlikable. I also really like Mark because he manages to be a caring father and isn't one of those dumb or naive dads that's often in cartoons

Lastly, the information they would give about the animals was always really good. I learned a lot about animals from watching Stanley like how Giraffes have long necks or how dogs have lived with humans for thousands of years.

I look forward to when the show comes to Disney+. I was happy when the Christmas episode was available on the DisneyNow App for December 2017 and seeing how Disney does acknowledge the animal lover from time to time, I think it will only be a matter of time before we see him, his goldfish, his cat, dog, and his family and friends on the service