SS Westerns

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Cowboy X

I wonder where Sniddlers Gulch is located maybe in the state of Xas. just the joke?

Ziffel

Reaction score
Sniddler's Gulch is probably a fictitious place. Especially considering that the last line was, "And so the citizens of Sniddler's Gulch lived happily ever after, because they really weren't very smart." Unlikely SS would have put down the people of an actual town!

Xerus

Reaction score
I remember one called Dirty Gulch where a green bearded AM Muppet sings about a western town where everyone just throws their trash on the ground making it the Dirtiest Town in the West.

Then a Bad Bart look-a-like named McClean rode into town and suggested they put the trash in a can. And everone pitches in, even the town dog.

And the end, McClean leaves and tells everyone to keep their city clean.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Ziffel said:
Sniddler's Gulch is probably a fictitious place. Especially considering that the last line was, "And so the citizens of Sniddler's Gulch lived happily ever after, because they really weren't very smart." Unlikely SS would have put down the people of an actual town!
i didn't say it was a real palce.

ssetta

Reaction score
Xerus said:
I remember one called Dirty Gulch where a green bearded AM Muppet sings about a western town where everyone just throws their trash on the ground making it the Dirtiest Town in the West.

Then a Bad Bart look-a-like named McClean rode into town and suggested they put the trash in a can. And everone pitches in, even the town dog.

And the end, McClean leaves and tells everyone to keep their city clean.
I learned recently that's a parody of an old Western song called Ghostwriters in the Sky!

Ziffel

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
i didn't say it was a real palce.
I know you didn't. And I said I think it is probably fictitious and mentioned that last line about the people not being smart as another indicator for concluding that. So what's the problem?

Ziffel

Reaction score
That's ok. That is the one downside of typing; sometimes things come across conveyed differently than actually intended. Like recently when I took your "the number 11?' in a critical way when you meant it in a humorous way.

Would be cool if there really is/was a Sniddler's Gulch. Neat name. Doubt there was a cowboy X though! :smile:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
ssetta said:
I learned recently that's a parody of an old Western song called Ghostwriters in the Sky!
that I knew. I don't know the name of the artist who did it originally though I think it was recorded in the 50s. heard it once in a doctors office. the song was covered in the 70s by The Outlaws witch were a country/rock group like The Eagles were.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
the was 1 Marshall Grover skit where he was trying to get on his Wonder Horse Fred and as you might remember he kept moving away from Grover who was trying to get on him and finally after telling Grover how he didn't like being jumped on and Grover says roll over and i'll jump on your tummy and I can't remember was Fred said exactly but after he went down the ending music played and Grover appears to be talking to Fred but we don't hear him because the sound is turned off. wonder what the story is with that?