Speculation: Sesame Street 45th Anniversary Possibilities

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Funny uou should mention that, I was just listening to her song, "Both Sides Now" (of which there's Telly's parody of on the Best Friends DVD).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Now that 2014 is here, is there any kind of inklings of what kind of special goodies we may get for Season 45, as far as products go?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Recently I thought about how Saturday Night Live has (or had, not sure if they're still making them) a video collection where each release is themed around a different season. Maybe they could put out an iTunes collection of the best of Sesame Street from every season (I couldn't see them releasing 45 Sesame Street DVDs in a single year).

I would have them be a half-hours worth of segments from each season, and maybe some of the most-requested rarities as well. They'd probably include many of the same stuff that's been on video many times, but if each volume was a half-hour, there'd be plenty of room for stuff we've seen many times and stuff that hasn't been released on home video. More room to represent every recurring character and recurring segment (they don't have to be included in every volume representing seasons they were in).

Of course, I'd rather have, for example, "The Rarities of Season One" than "The Best of Season One", and so on (for the early seasons)...

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
How about going back to an old theme song? Use either the Season 30-32 theme or the Season 24-29 theme.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
How about going back to an old theme song? Use either the Season 30-32 theme or the Season 24-29 theme.

Or how about a special theme song showcasing clips from each era. I think the seasons 33-38 themes are the only ones to actually include clips from the show. Maybe even show "through the years" montages of the main characters.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
Im personally hoping for characters like Count, Cookie, Ernie and Bert and Big Bird

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I think that a special "45th anniversary opening" should have a mix of new footage and existing footage. Clips can appear on a screen-within-a-screen (don't know what it would be called), which would take care of any full screen/widescreen concerns.

Good clips to include in a montage in the show opening would include: Ernie singing Rubber Duckie, Elmo in Elmo's World, Cookie Monster as Allistar Cookie, Grover serving Mr. Johnson a plate of spaghetti, Zoe, Abby, and Rosita from "Because We're Friends", Snuffy jumping on Big Bird's trampoline, The Count on Beat the Time, Big Bird rollerskating from "Wheels on my Feet", Bert "Doin' the Pigeon", any Telly and Baby Bear clip, any Murray Monster clip, any clip of Cookie Monster eating cookies, any clip of Oscar, Ernie and Bert playing the rhyming game, and any Super Grover clip.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Or how about a special theme song showcasing clips from each era. I think the seasons 33-38 themes are the only ones to actually include clips from the show. Maybe even show "through the years" montages of the main characters.
It would be great if they went back to a classic version of the theme song. Re-Orchestrated, maybe... but without Calypso or Hip Hop beats to it.

Or at the very least, shoot new visuals for it.

Also... it would be something if they recast and used Sherlock Hemlock. Sherlock Holmes is immensely popular right now, and it would be a good idea to reference that on the series somehow.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I still think it would be a neat idea if they did like some animation studios have done, and released a CD collection of all the various different little music buttons, cues, scoring, sound effects, and what have you that they've used on the show for so many years.