Specific SS Book Title...

Tonichelle

Reaction score
Ok I didn't know where to put this but I'm guessing classic SS because the book had to have been written in the 80s as thats when I was a SS fan

Anyway there's this book that my parents and aunt and grandparents all talk about. I was 2 and obsessed with it. Apparently I had the whole thing memorized, the thing is I don't remember a single thing about the book now, but it was my favorite book as a little kid. I can remember a lot of my other SS books (still have the entire collection my aunt bought me).

So I come to any and all of you for help... it is about Big Bird (?) trying to get Barkley to go to sleep. One of the lines is something like "They sang songs, read stories, but Barley cried all night long."

What's the title so I can possibly find the darn thing and read it to see if I even remember owning it once upon a time...

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
The title of this book is called "A Bird's Best Friend" I also had this book along with a read along cassette tape when I was a kid. I got it for Christmas when I was about 5 years old. I think the book was brand new at that time. The funny thing about this book is Barkley is known as Big Bird's dog, which would seem believable to viewers of Sesame Street in the 80's because most of the time Barkley and Big Bird were seen together. I can recall dozens of Big Bird and Barkley moments from my childhood. But in reality, Barkley was Linda's dog.

Tonichelle

Reaction score
BooberFraggless said:
The title of this book is called "A Bird's Best Friend" I also had this book along with a read along cassette tape when I was a kid. I got it for Christmas when I was about 5 years old. I think the book was brand new at that time. The funny thing about this book is Barkley is known as Big Bird's dog, which would seem believable to viewers of Sesame Street in the 80's because most of the time Barkley and Big Bird were seen together. I can recall dozens of Big Bird and Barkley moments from my childhood. But in reality, Barkley was Linda's dog.
I always thought he was Linda's dog, but my family is always telling me I'm wrong and he was BB's dog... ha ha! Looks like the kid is right again! :wink:

thank you, for answering the question! You made my day! :flirt: