Special Edition Movie DVD's coming in November

That Announcer

Reaction score
I'd be willing to go with you, Greg. And I just thought of something: Disney is a sales-driven company. All corporations (not filmmakers, not musicians, but CEOs and corporations) want to make money. When Disney released MCC and MTI on DVD back in '02, there was a huge outcry that they were only released in P & S. As I understand it, not many people bought them due to the transfers. So, Disney has probably realized that if the discs are widescreen, the sales will go up. As a result of that, I'd be willing to bet cash money that the discs are wide.

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
New Special Features News

from ultimatedisney.com
August 20, 2005 - While definitive information has still not come in on the Kermit's 50th Anniversary Edition DVDs' aspect ratios, Video Business reveals that the two Disney-made films of the bunch (The Muppet Christmas Carol and Muppet Treasure Island) will indeed contain new "Pepe's Profiles" bonus features like the previously-announced supplements on the first two films. Carol will include "Gonzo: A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Weirdo" and Island will house "Fozzie Bear: A Long Day's Journey Into Night Clubs." All four Muppet movie DVDs will be released on November 29th.

soruce ultimatedisney.com
:confused: <------ That's all I can say!

anathema

Reaction score
MuppetDanny said:
from ultimatedisney.com
:confused: <------ That's all I can say!
Actually, that's promising. If they're adding new material to the MCC and MTI releases, then they aren't simply re-issuing the original discs, which increases the likelihood of the movies being re-transferred in widescreen.

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
anathema said:
Actually, that's promising. If they're adding new material to the MCC and MTI releases, then they aren't simply re-issuing the original discs, which increases the likelihood of the movies being re-transferred in widescreen.
maybe, I still feel this will be a "cut and paste" job if you ask me. :concern:

anathema

Reaction score
MuppetDanny said:
maybe, I still feel this will be a "cut and paste" job if you ask me. :concern:
We shall see. If they do re-transfer MCC, let's hope they use a better print than the last time around - that one was 'orrible!

Stulz

Reaction score
Rights

unclematt said:
Why wont Kermit be in the film?

Because HIT doesn't own the rights to use Kermit since Disney owns him now.

As such he has been totally cut out of the special. There is a thread somwhere on here that will teach you more about it.

Stulz

Reaction score
That Announcer said:
Brian Henson himself has said that he did not approve of pan-and-scan only releases of his two films, and since he is now a part of the Disney company, I would imagine he would have a pretty big say in how the DVDs come out. But that's just me, of course...
Sorry man, but Brain Henson does not work for Disney and has NO say in how the movies will be released.

If these release turn out to be fullscreen, save you money and hold out to see how Disney releases these film in other regions. (the last time Disney Released MTI is was fullscreen -region 1 and widescreen everywhere else)

Then get yourself a region free dvd player.

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Dvdtimes.co.uk has reported the news :
Buena Vista Home Entertainment have announced the Region 1 DVD release of four anniversary edition Muppet films for 29th November 2005. Restored and remastered to celebrate Kermit’s 50th Anniversary, The Muppet Movie, The Great Muppet Caper, The Muppet Christmas Carol and Muppet Treasure Island are all coming packed with new bonus features and are available for $19.99 (SRP) each.

THE MUPPET MOVIE
  • 1.33:1 Full Frame
  • English and French DD5.1 Surround
  • Pepe Profiles Present – Kermit: A Frog’s Life

THE GREAT MUPPET CAPER
  • Pepe Profiles Present - Miss Piggy: The Diva Who Would Not Be Denied

MUPPET CHRISTMAS CAROL
  • Pepe Profiles Present – Gonzo: A Portrait Of The Artist As A Young Weirdo
  • On-The-Set Gag Reel
  • Christmas Around The World Music Video

MUPPET TREASURE ISLAND
  • Pepe Profiles Present – Fozzie Bear: A Long Day’s Journey
  • Into Night Clubs
  • Treasure Island Sing Along

source: DVDtimes.co.uk
It's getting worse!, less special features on the newer ones than on the previous DVD prints :grouchy: . Usually DVDtimes are correct :frown:

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
I Got this Response to my Email

Pete,

Thank you for your e-mail regarding MUPPETS SPECIAL EDITION. We appreciate your
interest.

At this time we have no MUPPET Special Editions scheduled for release in
November.

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Regards,

WDHE Consumer Relations
US and Canada

COMPLETELY CLUELESS