Spammers at MC...

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Yeah, I have a bit of a history with the guy who posted that thread. A little under three years ago there was this guy on Facebook who would message me constantly about Sesame Street and tape trading and he was insistent on doing a trade even though I kept explaining to him I wasn't trading anymore and was away at college with no VCR or DVD recorder to even make a trade with. Still he kept bugging me about trading, asking me constantly what Sesame episodes I had taped off TV, then going off and asking all these perverted questions like "Ever see that episode where Snuffleupagus <NSFW material here>" Then it got to the point he had a DVD of Sesame episodes ready for me that he would ship, which I reluctantly let him do, then he got my phone number off Facebook and would text me constantly while I was in class (once with a very inappropriate phrase repeated multiple times) asking me if I got the DVD yet. Then right before Christmas the guy deleted his Facebook and I never heard from him again. He found me on here and was bugging me about tape trading here but I'm ignoring him. He is a deranged guy who seriously needs to be banned as fast as he registered.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Yeah, I have a bit of a history with the guy who posted that thread. A little under three years ago there was this guy on Facebook who would message me constantly about Sesame Street and tape trading and he was insistent on doing a trade even though I kept explaining to him I wasn't trading anymore and was away at college with no VCR or DVD recorder to even make a trade with. Still he kept bugging me about trading, asking me constantly what Sesame episodes I had taped off TV, then going off and asking all these perverted questions like "Ever see that episode where Snuffleupagus <NSFW material here>" Then it got to the point he had a DVD of Sesame episodes ready for me that he would ship, which I reluctantly let him do, then he got my phone number off Facebook and would text me constantly while I was in class (once with a very inappropriate phrase repeated multiple times) asking me if I got the DVD yet. Then right before Christmas the guy deleted his Facebook and I never heard from him again. He found me on here and was bugging me about tape trading here but I'm ignoring him. He is a deranged guy who seriously needs to be banned as fast as he registered.
Oh, wow. I didn't realize they were the same. He's done the same thing to me. I really didn't want to bother with him in trading and from the looks of it, he'll just be blocked and I won't have to deal with him.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Agreed on banning. Racism, homophobia and HIGHLY inappropriate language - not how to win friend and influence people.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Answering a few questions here...

1 If a post gets reported, I don't necessarily get an alert that it has been done so. But I do check the number of reported posts every time I come to the forum, and if that number increases then I know there are new posts that need to be examined.
2 If it's your own post that you're reporting, you should talk to a moderator directly instead of reporting the post. If it's someone else's post, those should be reported explaining why so us mods can handle the situation as best we can. It's possible that we may not know how to handle the situation on our own which is why there's a current backlog of reported posts that haven't been resolved as of yet.
3 N82man has been duefully banned, primarily for their comments in the "A Message to All About Elmo" thread.
4 Said this in another thread, but it bears repeating. Please do not respond directly to a spam post like N82man's, creating an entire conversational thread out of the issue because those posts will be deleted in turn and it reflects bad on you for adding fuel to the fire. In that thread started by N82man there was a post in particular that was reported in addition to the one by the thread's starter, but since that second post shouldn't even have been made, the report was rejected. So keep this in mind should you find other spammish report-worthy posts in the future.

Hope this helps and have a good day guys and gals.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
So I guess my question is should I, if need be, just report a post and not post about it here? Like, is it more one of those things where spammers with multiple bad posts should be posted here instead of clogging the report log and someone with just one bad post should be reported?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, if there's a blatently obvious post in need of reporting, that should always be reported and sometimes it turns out that multiple people end up reporting the same post.
There are certain members who I keep an eye out for should they post posts as they're known offenders.

But if you spot more than one post by the same person that all need reporting, they should all be reported via the "Report This Post" feature or via alerting us staff members here in this thread, either option works so long as we know there's an issue that needs our attention.

Hope that helped answer your question Sarge. :sing: