Spammers at MC...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oliver Kitchen has been dealt with, sorry for not reading and replying sooner. There's another member I'm concerned about named skekKot who says he belongs to an online Dark Crystal community who's been posting links to various other articles. If someone could please confirm the validity of those links/articles I'd feel a bit better. Thanks.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Ed, I have checked the link out, and it is an actual Dark Crystal forum. It looks ok and it's not trying to sell anything. Just talking about the Dark Crystal, and related items.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Why do we keep getting so many spammers? And can we stop the stalking? *Grumbles, would put certain members on my Ignore List, but that makes it hard to quickly delete their spam posts.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
So far it has seemed like a quite night, unless someone has seen something that I haven't. What is the best method for tracking down spamers? The reason I ask is because I have watched the forum's main page on some nights and did not come across anything, and then someone would say they found some. Should I check every section to see if something has popped up, or just keep watching, and refreshing the main page?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Two main points:
1 Spammers nowadays post most oftenly in the General Discussions thread with some thread and/or link to illegally download the latest movies. However, they don't always stick to just that section and sometimes post their crud in well-established threads.
2 The "Who's Online" list tells me who might be a spammer by simply glancing through the names. Anything that sounds like a garbage or made-up name automatically garners a strike from my trigger finger.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Thanks, I have been watching the Who's online, and the new members section quite a bit, but I have not watched the General Dissections section. Now I have a better idea as to what to watch out for! Thanks for the crash course in watching out for spam Ed!

I've got a nice big glass of water, and a bag of starburst jellybeans, some soft rock, and I am ready to stand guard for the night! Spamers beware!

We have 3 new profiles that do not look like normal member names. They are all joining at the same time, they are all saying they are males ranking from the ages of 25 to 31. there names are: boubjeflafe, offexpedock and orazorkfraupe. I have sent each a private message with no response. further investigations should be made, as I will keep watch!

There is another one that has popped up and I can see is still registering, sifiallydrolo
I wish there was something more that I could do. I could stop them before they even start.

EDIT:
there is yet another one trying to register, PneugNigunake Wow it sure has been a busy morning!

Grrrrr this is getting frustrating! I'm sorry for so many posts but this is getting out of hand we have another one! TigeMoiguitty that is six and counting ladies and gentleman and the morning is still young!

Did I do an ok job?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Dwayne... All of those I already banned this morning. Unfortunately, there's a batch that snuck in this afternoon I just finished banning as well. In the future, don't send them PM's as that opens you up to receiving spam from the spambots, just report and let us check out the profiles when necessary instead.