Spaghetti Space Race at Universal Studios Singapore

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Peter's Elmo sounds pretty good. I wouldn't mind if he took over Elmo. Of course, it would be better if Kevin decided to come back but, that probably won't happen.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
It's certainly not Kevin of course but I'd be completely pro-Peter taking over Elmo. Though I would be concerned how this would alter how much Walter we see in the future. Then again, presumably Peter wouldn't be as involved with the show creatively as Kevin was, so it'd be easier from him to balance Elmo stuff and Muppet stuff.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I just wonder if it's a temporary recast or what. I'm liking Peter's Elmo. It needs some more practice (he sounds like he's just a bit older), sounding just a little like earlier Elmo (ever notice when they recast these guys they always sound like they first did?)... but I think that brings up a good point about Walter. Seems we'd wind up seeing less of one of them. And since Elmo's a freaking one monster dynasty, chances are, it's Walter we'll go without. I still wonder what John's sounded like.

We won't know for sure until season 45, though. Or at least a public appearance.

SuperGzilla12

Reaction score
I don't know. Peter's Elmo pretty much sounds exactly like Tutter to me. While the most important part of bringing a puppety character to life is the puppeteering, the voice is still really important. Then again, this is only a few seconds of voice, so I guess I should wait to make judgements.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I just wonder if it's a temporary recast or what. I'm liking Peter's Elmo. It needs some more practice (he sounds like he's just a bit older), sounding just a little like earlier Elmo (ever notice when they recast these guys they always sound like they first did?)... but I think that brings up a good point about Walter. Seems we'd wind up seeing less of one of them. And since Elmo's a freaking one monster dynasty, chances are, it's Walter we'll go without. I still wonder what John's sounded like.

We won't know for sure until season 45, though. Or at least a public appearance.
In all honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if it was temporary. I'd think Universal wanted some recording specific to what they needed and so Sesame needed to get someone to voice Elmo fast, hence casting Peter. But if Peter is in fact the new Elmo, yay for him because he certainly deserves that. And if it is in fact the case, I don't think we'd lose too much of Peter's other characters. Remember, right in the midst of his performing years, Kevin was bouncing between New York doing Sesame and Dog City, Los Angeles doing Dinosaurs, doing Clifford for Muppet stuff whenever they needed him, plus going to London to do Muppet Treasure Island within that 3-4 year period. The only reason he stopped doing Muppet productions was because he was getting so involved creatively with Sesame, something I doubt Peter will get into. But then again, this is all just speculation.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Eh... that's kind of a loss. I'm sure they have someone else in mind. Still, it's strange they haven't officially recast Elmo quite yet. But then again, they film stuff so far into the future for budget reasons, then they probably don't need him right away yet. Makes me wonder how many other characters they have recasts in mind in case someone leaves or dies.

I do not see Elmo having too much of a diminished presence from now on as a result of what happened, though.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Here's a video with more footage from the pre-show (but not all of it. Also, quality's not that great):

I don't know about you, but I think I just witnessed a "Getting Crap Past the Radar" moment at 2:35.