Sony Pictures and Walt Disney Pictures Merger

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Just found out some :news: reported that Sony Pictures Entertainment will be taking over the release of physical media from Walt Disney Studios Entertainment as of yesterday. We know that Columbia Pictures, founder of Sony Pictures, for years has tight-fistedly held on to the distribution of TMTM (The Muppets Take Manhattan) and MFS (Muppets From Space). What I wonder is, following the news from yesterday, could we finally get a release of all eight theatrical Muppet movies in one single branded packaging like what was done with the Disney Animated Cinematic Legacy late last year? Here's hoping, though frankly I only need the last two movies for my own collection even if I'm purchasing other movies at the moment. :fanatic: :zany: :excited:

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
Weird, because I did a search on Google News just now, and found no such news by any credible source. And when I say "credible" it means CBS, The Los Angeles Times, USA Today, The Hollywood Reporter, etc.

I got a link about such announcement on Facebook from a group called Inside the Magic. They were the ones who reported it, but not one credible source reported on it otherwise - unless I missed something.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Dunno what to tell you, I found it when checking the 2024 article page at Disney Wiki in the Home Media headed section. Because I had doubts about the news, I clicked on the "Sony Pictures Entertainment" link, that took me to their own page and the news is indeed reported towards the bottom, just before the References section of Sony's main Wiki page. Again, not necessarily credited sources by your own standards, but that's all I can say in terms of a viable online trail. :search:

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I agree. There is nothing magical about Inside the Magic. It's just a Disney version of The National Enquirer or any other tabloid site.

Don't buy it.