Sonic the Hedgehog Movie Thread

DePingPong

Reaction score
Anyone plan on seeing Sonic this month? I'm really excited for it!

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
I feel that I should see it
Considering I was one of the millions who complained and bullied paramount about the original sonic design

I think it looks good and fun so i am looking forward to it

mbmfrog

Reaction score
I want to see it just to see how the movie Sonic turns out after all that hard work and rework on the character.

mr3urious

Reaction score
At least Jim Carrey looks like he's having a blast playing Eggman. So even if the movie is a piece of hot garbage even after Sonic's redesign, he could be the one saving grace, like how M. Bison was in the Street Fighter movie.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I saw it last night. It was awesome.

Jim Carrey turned down an offer to play Dr. Evil in Austin Powers, and I feel his portrayal of Robotnik is like it would have been if he'd played Dr. Evil (except his Robotnik is clearly a lot more competent than Dr. Evil). He also reminds me a bit of Judge Doom from Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

I've been thinking about all the posts that say fans should see the movie just because the studio listened to fans. So far it's made 55 million dollars (though the budget was 95 dollars), maybe it's success will lead to more studios listening to fans in the same way (who wants to complain that any uninteresting non-franchise Disney films are not Muppet movies so we'll get another?).

Sonic keeps dreading his need to go to a mushroom planet. I wonder if that was meant as a subtle reference/slam to Mario.

Last edited:

scooterfan360

Reaction score
I"m dying to see it, I like how they took the rings that sonic collects in the game, and created a use for them.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I went to see this movie a couple weeks ago and I was actually quite impressed! One of my favorite bits from that movie was easily the bar fight in slow motion. Jim Carey as Doctor Eggman was great!

(I also got a lot of joy from hearing Colleen O’Shaughnessy reprise her role as Tails as someone who loves her voice over work in some of my favorite English dubs for anime like Naruto and Bleach, as well as western cartoons like Danny Phantom, even if it was brief. Hollywood life unfortunately).

DePingPong

Reaction score
Apparently next movie will really introduce Tails, and also Super Sonic, according to the movies director. They wanted Super Sonic for this one, and he was actually in early versions of the script but they wanted this to be an origin story. Tails and Super Sonic didn't come til Sonic 2 anyway

crackmaster

Reaction score
I LOVED this movie, as a fan of Sonic. Sonic acted like a kid straight out of the 90s. I adored his comic book collection. This makes me have high hopes for my Sonic fanseries, Mobius Redrawn.

Thank GOD they fixed the design.

TheWoodringman

Reaction score
I loved the movie very much! The redesign of Sonic was a BIG improvement over the original!
Loved Sonic playing baseball and causing a power outage, as well as Jim Carrey as Robotnik! (Even though I originally thought that he wasn't going to be that good in it)
Overall it was fun to watch!