Sonia Manzano will not be on Sesame Street after Season 45

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'll just say the same toon logic that keeps Bart stuck in the 4th grade for 27 years.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
<iframe src="http://www.npr.org/player/embed/442916715/442962122" width="100%" height="290" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
Sonia Manzano and Emilio Delgado were on this NPR radio show "Ask Me Another" on this episode they talk a bit more about Sonia's departure and some less known Muppets like Meryl Sheep and Professor Hastings. Also skip to about 6:00 to here Emilio and Sonia sing "Hola" live. Listening to it made me cry and it gave me chills.*Oh the feels*:cry:

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I was just thinking how fitting it was that Maria's final appearance on the show happened to be an episode about Oscar.
Oh, yes...yes, yes, YES!!!! VERY fitting for sure! That's a real intelligent observation you've made there!

Schfifty

Reaction score
I was just thinking how fitting it was that Maria's final appearance on the show happened to be an episode about Oscar.
Indeed a nice observation! Sonia mentioned in her archive interview that Oscar was her favorite Muppet character on the show, so that's quite a coincidence.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Indeed a nice observation! Sonia mentioned in her archive interview that Oscar was her favorite Muppet character on the show, so that's quite a coincidence.
Well that and the fact that they were very often paired together in the 1970s and 80s.Maria liked out smarting him while Oscar liked getting her riled up because it was a bit easier to get her mad than most of the other people on the street. The scene where Maria tells Oscar off on CHRISTMAS EVE ON SESAME STREET and the scenes the two share together on FOLLOW THAT BIRD,I think perfectly sum up their relationship.