Something I noticed about Dave Goelz's Characters

LincolnHeights

Reaction score
I remember that one, and your'e right! I guess there were exceptions to the rule. I think in the entire run of Fraggle Rock, Iv'e only seen Boober and Uncle Matt together twice. Briefly in "Uncle Matt's Discovery" Boober was only in the very beggining of that one, I remember he made Uncle Matt a cake, that was starting to turn moldy. And I remember seeing the 2 of them onscreen together a few times in "Space Frog Follies". Also, hear's another strange but True fact about Dave's charachters. Do you remember in Boober and the Glob, how Wrench Doozer was on of the doozer's who was swallowed by the Glob, but he didn't say one word during that entire episode. Most likely due to Boober's major role in that one. Who else can think of some more times when Dave's charachters were seen onscreen together on FR?

G-MAN

Reaction score
In Inspector Red both Uncle Matt and Boober were suspects in the kidnapping of the Fraggle Horn and the two of them plus The World's Oldest Fraggle were together on screen when Red revealed the truth

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
I noticed another time Dave Goelz avoided having his charachters together. I wonder if Dave Goelz was possesive over his charachters? LOL
That has nothing to do with a Muppeteer's "preference" over characters appearing on screen---it is all up to the writers as to who appears in a scene.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
You know after reading this thread the only time ever I can think of Goelz's characters actually talking to one another is from "Muppets From Space" with Bunsen Honeydew and Gonzo. There probably is more times though, just nothing off the top off my head.

Collgoff

Reaction score
Something I notice about Dave Gloez's Charatchters

There is on thing I want to know!:wink:
How come Boober and Traveling Matt never speak to eatch other?:confused:
I mean Gobo has talk to Uncle and Boober, so dose Red, Mokey,and Wembley they have speak to them too.:coy:

Slackbot

Reaction score
I think it's simply a logistical issue. You can't operate two characters, one on each hand, if you want them to be doing anything more complex than singing in the background, and when you look at such scenes it's easy to pick out which characters are being operated by the same puppeteer. If you have two characters by the same puppeteer in the same scene, then the puppeteer has to provide both voices while another person operates one of the two. I watch for this, and it's usually very obvious which character is operated by the "ghost puppeteer." His lip-synch will be imperfect and the general body language will be off.

The one big exception to this is Sidebottom, and they got around this in most scenes by filming one character alone, then green-screening the other in. That was just Goelz by himself. Can you imagine how hugely complicated that would be if you had to choreograph a scene like that with multiple puppeteers? Better just to avoid that nightmare by avoiding having characters with the same puppeteer together too often.

Collgoff

Reaction score
Something I notices about Dave Golze's Charachters

I think it's simply a logistical issue. You can't operate two characters, one on each hand, if you want them to be doing anything more complex than singing in the background, and when you look at such scenes it's easy to pick out which characters are being operated by the same puppeteer. If you have two characters by the same puppeteer in the same scene, then the puppeteer has to provide both voices while another person operates one of the two. I watch for this, and it's usually very obvious which character is operated by the "ghost puppeteer." His lip-synch will be imperfect and the general body language will be off.

The one big exception to this is Sidebottom, and they got around this in most scenes by filming one character alone, then green-screening the other in. That was just Goelz by himself. Can you imagine how hugely complicated that would be if you had to choreograph a scene like that with multiple puppeteers? Better just to avoid that nightmare by avoiding having characters with the same puppeteer together too often.
Okay I understand what you told me!