Some questions on The Muppet Movie

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Recently I just saw The Muppet Movie for the first time. I'm not gonna go into a review about what I though about it but I had some questions I wanted to ask.
Firstly it's the story of how they got together right? So there are a few things that don't make sense.
Scooter appears for the first time in one of The episodes of The Muppet Show. (I think the 6th episode to be exact) But in the movie he gets together with the Muppets while working along with the Electric Mayhem. So he wouldn't have to introduce himself to Kermit in that episode.
Also... Sweetums! He was on the show for 3 seasons of The Muppet Show but then when they watch the movie of how they got tpgther he doesn't catch up with them until after they watch the movie. Also Camilla only comes onto the show in the third season so she couldn't have bben with Gonzo all that time.
Also has anyone realized the weird full bodied Janice when they go to get the "Rich and Famous Contract" Becuase the first time you see the Muppets you can see a full bodied Janice on one side of the room but then the next time you see thme she's on the other side of the room next to Floyd.

MWoO

Reaction score
You can't take the movie literally. It's just a story if how they could have met. It doesn't even mention the muppet show. Just take the movie for what it is in and of itself. It's like a cOmic book story. Over the years the origins are going to change, but the characters will still be true to form.

As for Janice, that kind of editing happens in movies a lot, especially older ones. It's just an editing continuity mistake.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Scooter appears for the first time in one of The episodes of The Muppet Show. (I think the 6th episode to be exact)
The 6th episode is technically where he first gets hired but actually he was in the first few episodes before that. So sometimes it pays to give up on canon before you drive yourself crazy, lol. :wink:

Puckrox

Reaction score
You've gotta remember nothing in the show and movies are canon. Only what they say in interviews are. There are so many different origin stories for how The Muppets got together, but you shouldn't take any of them as the truth unless spoken by one of them in an interview.

As MWoO said:

It's just a story if how they could have met.

zoebell

Reaction score
i thought it was interviews plus the show, actually. and some of the specials, like muppets go to hollywood, go to the movies, fantastic miss piggy, etc.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
One of my favorite things about The Muppet Movie is how Sweetums spends the whole time chasing after them, in the movie that the Muppets are watching in The Muppet Movie... and then pops out of the screen at the end of the movie they were watching that he was in.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
One of my favorite things about The Muppet Movie is how Sweetums spends the whole time chasing after them, in the movie that the Muppets are watching in The Muppet Movie... and then pops out of the screen at the end of the movie they were watching that he was in.
I do love that! That's probably the best part about it!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
OK now you guys have inspired me to take the old Muppet Movie VHS out for a spin, lol.

I will say I agree with what Beaker has said often here recently. The Muppet Movie isn't afraid to have quiet, still moments. It was common in many '70s films but something that's sadly not seen often today.

Needless to say the cameos in The Muppet Movie are ten times more impressive than The Muppets (2011), lol. But that's only because our pop culture used to be ten times more impressive, lol.

Word puns like "No, no myth, myth!" "Yes?" or "The bartender said there were drinks on the house" are often so looked down upon but in fact they're not easy to come up with and require a strong command of the English language. :wink:

It's interesting that Doc Hopper is occasionally sort of likable, at least at the beginning before we really get to know him, heh. But even at the end I almost feel sorry for him when he doesn't get Max's support.

You know the Electric Mayhem was way ahead of its time having a female lead guitarist, hehe. :flirt: Sadly it was much more common back then for the girl to bang a tambourine. Of course here they have Scooter doing it, not sure if that's a compliment, lol.

I also love how the Electric Mayhem don't realize Kermit's being critical when he says, "I don't know why to thank you guys," lol. I always liked how the gang really respected Kermit even when he wasn't always sure about their sanity, lol. :wink:

That's about it for now but I'll share anything else that comes to mind later, lol.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
You know the Electric Mayhem was way ahead of its time having a female lead guitarist, hehe. :flirt: Sadly it was much more common back then for the girl to bang a tambourine. Of course here they have Scooter doing it, not sure if that's a compliment, lol.
Speaking of that, has Janice the puppet ever played the tambourine? A tambourine was an accessory with the action figure, I think the comic books sometimes showed her playing tambourine (I don't think she ever played guitar in any of the BOOM comics, for some reason), and the old Kermitage character guide showed an image of the character playing tambourine (obviously a poser), but I don't know of any instances where the puppet version was actually shown playing tambourine.