Some advice from you wonderful people please!

GuySmiley

Reaction score
I thought to myself - where should I go for some puppetry related advice and the answer came to me - those knowledgeable and friendly folks at the Muppetcentral forum (phew...crawling over!!!!)

I recently read a very interesting and informative thread here about Arm Rods and someone talked about Welder's Rods. Now, I've searched high and low in the UK DIY Stores and can't seem to find anything.

However, I did find something on a UK Website called Screwfix which supplies tools etc called Welding Rods and was wondering if someone could take a look at the site and tell me if this is the sort of thing that everyone is talking about. Here is a link to the product page

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id=15688&ts=64897

Thank you everyone in advance!

Guy!

Ryan

Reaction score
Those are the ones! Mak sure to get some wooden dowels too to attach to the bottom for "handles"

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
looks right to me, but im not sure how thin or thick those are, im pretty bad with wire gauge numbers, for so see if you can find out how thick they are, for a basic puppet you will want something sort of in the middle, not to thick (shows up much more while performing), not to thin(wont support the weight and will bend out of shape much more readily),