So you want to audition for the Muppets?

AAO

Reaction score
Alright! Thanks for the info on the date...all i need to know is the place and time and I'm set...I'll just call the number...write down some notes and such and I'll start leaving posts on the information about the auditions...

Sweetums74

Reaction score
OverUnderAround said:
Could be just the opposite! You and the others were talking to Todd Merrick with the job title "Human Resources Recruiter- Casting Services at Walt Disney World"
So maybe this audition is for one of those minimum wage DisneyWorld stage shows? :frown:

Referring back to the flyer, it states the following:
"Relocation not required, but you must be able to travel."

Todd has told many of us several times during our conversations with him that these auditions are not for any shows at the theme parks. With that said, these auditions are not mentioned on disneyauditions.com. Also the statement that "relocation is not required" pretty much eliminates theme park shows.

The PDF you linked to is on Hawaii Pacific University's web site. Todd has travelled there for other auditions. It looks like Todd has worked as a recruiter with Walt Disney World Entertainment for a number of years (just an FYI- Recruiters are part of human resources). Obviously now he is now working with the Muppets Holding Co. to help source additional talent.

To me it make sense that when MHC decided that they wanted to move forward with sourcing additional puppeteers, they would use the resources that they have available within their parent corporation.

Foz said it best:
"Regardless who is who and what they're looking for, it's a great opportunity for everyone involved."

It really is!

Chris

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Has anyone yet been called back for Los Angeles audition dates? I'm getting a little antsy, need to book a flight, room, etc.

TopperFraggle

Reaction score
I put my name in for the LA auditions, and was told that they didn't know dates yet, but were guessing it would be around October.

Sweetums74

Reaction score
New York City Auditions- complete info

Here is the complete information available on the NYC auditions
------------------

Thursday, September 8
Call Time 10:00am

Ripley-Grier Studios
520 8th Ave. 16th Floor
Directions: http://www.newyorkspaces.com/studios/ripley_grier/

Call backs will be on September 9th.

The audition hotline has been updated with the above NYC info. (407-828-1087).

--------------------

Those interested in Toronto and L.A., don't think that they are holding out on providing the info. The dates, times, and specific audition location within the cities are not yet finalized. They know they are going, they are just in the process of securing the rehersal/audition hall.

Chris

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Chris, thanks for those posts and links. I've updated post #51 with that information in it. Also, posted a link to #51 at TP.

For all who are wondering, posts in a thread are numbered, and I've been keeping post #51 on page 4 of this thread updated with the most current information.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
All information we have gathered so far is updated here:
http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showpost.php?p=300481&postcount=51

There is a phone number in that post to call, so if you get exact dates please notify us so we can keep it updated in this forum.

Foz one thing u can also add/update, Todd (i asked him) about bring your own Muppet Puppets IF ya have them and he sayed that was fine, if that makes you feel more comfortable. Other wise your, (Todd sayed) just gonna m/puppeteer with nothin on your hand but pin-pong balls that are like eyes. :wink:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Thanks, I had confirmed that information as well. "Post 51" has been udpated again to include this puppet information, as well as a confirmed date for the LA Auditions.

Todd may be joining our forum soon! :smile: Looking forward to it.

If anybody has been wanting to call but has been afraid to do so, please do! Todd is super nice and that makes it easy for those folks whose nerves might be on edge! :crazy: