Sneak Peak: Sesame Street's Pinball Number Count remake

wiley207

Reaction score
It may not be the original animation, but at least they finally brought back the classic song! :big_grin:

Usually I don't mind when they remake classic skits, such as Ernie's "Rubber Duckie" from 1998, or the new version of the "La-la-la" song that takes place in Ernie and Bert's apartment instead of behind the brick wall.

Drtooth

Reaction score
As much as I hate to admit it, but I actually prefer how the newer Rubber Duckie segment looks over that drab blue background they had for the other one.

I really like when they chose to remake older skits with the older audio and just freshen up the look.

There's one there that's a TOTAL CGI remake of the first 30 seconds of it. I would have loved to see the whole thing in the style of that one. Some of the others are pretty... well... bland.

zns

Reaction score
Thanks for posting the winner. Many of these are excellent.

I really liked “Rank 5: Pinball Number 12 Reanimated.” Very impressive in that it retains the elements of the original and yet has more subtle modern updates visually and audibly.

Kudos to Sesame Workshop for bringing this classic to the forefront for a new generation.
I have to agree with your statement Phil. It's good that Sesame Workshop is able to give the new generation something they can enjoy as much as we did. It's very easy for us to forget that Sesame Workshop is doing its job and puts Sesame Street into the forefront of a younger audience than they used to in the beginning. Elmo may be used to help stimulate the audience, but Big Bird and the rest of the gang will live on just as much as him. That's my thought and I hope others can support that.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I think the two linked are both GORGEOUS! Nice use of stop-motion animation styles. I love the use of the classic song and the colours are stunning!

You can view the others here: http://www.aniboom.com/animation/Tag/Awards4_Submissions/Awards4_Submissions

Can I also mention that I think this video is (nice and artsy) and good in terms of its intended messages, but I also think this video is terrible in terms of the food-messages it subconciously contains! -- http://www.aniboom.com/animation-video/437583/You-Are-What-You-Eat/

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
It's different. Miss the pinball machine; but, wasn't it great?

ISNorden

Reaction score
Thanks for posting the winner. Many of these are excellent.

I really liked “Rank 5: Pinball Number 12 Reanimated.” Very impressive in that it retains the elements of the original and yet has more subtle modern updates visually and audibly.

Kudos to Sesame Workshop for bringing this classic to the forefront for a new generation.
Using only the music or only the animation from the original Pinball Count series (as most of the nominees did) doesn't do it justice. I'm surprised that this clip didn't rank higher than fifth place; if I'd been on the committee, it'd probably make number 1. A classic series deserves a remake that uses enough new elements for the target audience, but also enough old ones for viewers who grew up with the original.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I actually didn't get to see that one until yesterday, and I think the cover of the music REALLY makes it pop. I still like the Italian animated one a tiny bit better... it has a certain Sesame Street quality to it. And it seems to be similar to the look of Bert and Ernie's Great Adventure. But the other one has a very smashing look to it, and the cover is quite catchy. There are some very good ones, but there's ones that I feel miss the mark somehow. There's one that was just pretty meh, and I didn't watch it the whole way through.

Davina

Reaction score
still working through them but (even being and "old schooler") I think they're great.. much as i love the originals, the updated animation really seems to make em pop.. not always as keen about some of the remixed audios, but the video components are great